In 2009, the Queensland Government passed legislation which established a framework for the responsible collection and management of personal information in the Queensland public sector and certain statutory bodies and government owned corporations.
In accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Right to Information Act 2009, the University developed a privacy plan. This plan is reviewed and updated each year and can be accessed at the link below. Other key documents relating to the University's approach to privacy are also listed below.
We consider it very important that staff respect the privacy of other staff and of students as set out in the Privacy Plan. Breaches of the privacy of others are likely to result in disciplinary action.
- Personal Information Privacy Plan (DOC 69k)
- Appendix 1 to Privacy Plan (PDF 137k)
- Privacy and Information Security Statement (PDF 58k)
- Protecting Student Privacy (DOC 80k)
- Access/Complaints Procedure (PDF 33k)
- Privacy Act 2009 and Right to Information Act 2009 Training Guide (PDF 118k)
- Contact information
- Events calendar
- Places to eat
- Schools and centres
- Administrative areas
- Room bookings