Chat with other new students, plus those who have done it all before
When you receive your offer to commence your studies at Griffith, you are invited to join your 'Welcome to Griffith' Team to help you get started and to connect with your peers. Griffith Mentors will keep you posted in the lead-up to Orientation Week and through the first few weeks of your first trimester. The best part about being in a Welcome Team is that you can meet other new students straight away!
To get started, find the join code for your Microsoft Team in the list below. Select the trimester in which you are commencing your studies, then your area of study. For those studying a double degree, you can join based on either one of your areas of study. And if you really want to, you can join more than one team!
STUDENTS STUDYING VIA OUA
If you're studying a Griffith course via Open Universities Australia, you are invited to join the OUA Student Network.
Being a part of this team gives you the opportunity to connect with your peers, wherever you might be in the world. Griffith Mentors who work in this team are OUA students themselves, so they understand what it can be like to study remotely and have some great tips for you, wherever you are in your studies.
To get started, find the join code for your Microsoft Team in the list below by selecting 'I am an OUA student' and follow the instructions.
To find out more about Microsoft Teams, check out our guide.
To join Teams:
- Download Teams using one of the links below.
- Sign in with your Griffith ID and password.
- Click Teams in the left-hand panel.
- Click 'Join or create a team'.
- Go to 'Join a team with a code' and enter the code for your study area.
- Join the conversation!
Find your code
How to join your Team with a code
TEAMS COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
We welcome you to post comments and questions about starting at Griffith within your Team. To ensure Teams remains a safe, inclusive and helpful space, please follow these community guidelines:
- Be kind and considerate to all users. Harassment, bullying, discrimination or assault will not be tolerated.
- Don’t share your personal contact details or anyone else’s in an open conversation.
- Don’t post comments or links that could be considered hateful, hurtful, harmful or spam.
- If you’d like to ask a question privately, send us a direct message or visit Ask Us.
As a Griffith student, you are expected to follow the Code of Conduct and Social Media Guidelines when commenting and posting online, including within Teams. For support and information on reporting inappropriate behaviour, see Safe Campuses.