Staff students and visitors must work together to ensure a safe environment on campus.
Follow these basic rules to keep our buildings safe and secure:
- Always lock your office, even when you are leaving it only for a short while.
- Never leave valuable items of property unsecured and unattended.
- Never lend anyone your office keys or ID card or access card. Keys and combinations should not be left in desk drawers.
- Ensure your office personal computer is secure.
- Do not wedge doors open.
- Ensure all confidential information and data is secure.
- Large sums of cash should be banked at the end of the day and safes locked at all times.
- Report suspicious persons/activity in your area to Campus Security immediately.
- Turn off airconditioning, heaters, fans and urns when leaving work.
- If working or studying after hours, please advise Campus Security when you arrive and when you leave.
- Report broken locks, blown lights, overgrown trees and shrubs (that may provide hiding places), and other security deficiencies in your work or study area to Maintenance 3735 8888.
Buildings Access (after hours and weekends)
Arrangements for extensions of hours or after-hours use of facilities such as computer labs etc, are the responsibility of the controlling School or Element. The controlling School or Element must make arrangements for monitoring and lock-up if extended hours are required for any reason. Contact your Head of School or Element Director who will convey the request to Security.