Griffith University currently supports more than 250 sponsored students from around the world. Sponsored Students are students who receive financial assistance from a government, organisation or company (not private individuals or relatives) to undertake studies at Griffith University.
The Financial Aid and Sponsorship Office, located in Griffith International, is responsible for providing assistance to sponsored students and to their sponsors.The Financial Aid and Sponsorship Office provide the following services to registered sponsored students and their sponsors.
- Designated staff members to liaise between sponsor, student and the University
- Assistance to students in fulfilling the requirements of their sponsorship agreements
- Regular contact with students and Faculty staff to monitor academic progress
- Academic results and progress reports at the end of every trimester and as requested by sponsors
- Third-party billing for registered sponsors (this process is managed by the University's Finance Office).
Meet with a Sponsored student officer
The Financial Aid and Sponsorship Office also provide various official statements for students to provide to their sponsor as a requirement of their sponsorship. The following are a list of official statements provided to sponsored students attending Griffith University:
- Student Enrolment Verification
- Request for additional funding for books or resources
- Request for additional funding for travel between campuses
- No Outstanding Fees
- Request to Extend Student's Sponsorship Duration
- Request for additional funding for tutorial support
- Vacation Letter (can be requested one trimester at a time)
- Confirmation of Completion - this letter can only be printed after testamur numbers are placed on the student system. Completion Letters processed before a student has graduated and the testamur number placed on their official transcript must be processed through Student Administration. There is a minimum of a 10 day processing time frame for these letters.