About the services
Records Services manages the University’s corporate records which include personnel, student, committee, ethical clearances, research grant management, intellectual property, commercialisation of research, consultancy, property management, legal matters, liaison with government and external entities, program accreditation and development, and master sets of exam papers. Records are managed in both digital and paper formats.
This service is available to
Academic staff, professional staff.
- Advice on retaining the University’s records
- Sending records to Records Services for corporate file or safe keeping or accessing the records managed by Records Services
- Lodgement of eligible records with Records Services including vital records (contracts, agreements, licences and MOUs)
- How to access records including how to seek authorisation to access restricted records
- Undertake onsite appraisal of records managed by University elements
- Provide support on the use of the University’s records management application
- Records management advice associated with digital records contained within business systems
Record requests where the record is stored onsite: Actioned within one to two working days.
Record requests where the record is stored offsite: If request received prior to 3.00pm, record will be available next business day. If request received after 3.00pm, record will be available in 2 business days.
Digitisation of student records
One - two business days from receipt to when the record is available on the student file.
Records Services undertakes onsite appraisals at a mutually convenient time. Depending on the volume of records, the process may take a few hours to several days. A staff member of the requesting element must be available during our onsite visit to assist with the appraisal process.
Disposal Authorisations are usually checked on a daily basis and usually returned within 48 hours of receipt. As all requests must be authorised by the Manager, Corporate Information, there may be delays during periods of leave.
There is no cost associated with the use of this service.