About the service
Database management services administer the databases that underpin the University’s critical administrative and research information systems.
This service is available to
Academic staff, professional staff
What can I expect?
- The creation and administration of databases and database accounts
- Storage management
- Security management
- Database connectivity
- Backups and backup auditing
- Upgrades and patching
- Availability and performance monitoring and management
- Assistance with database and database based application issue resolution
This service administers the PeopleSoft Student, Finance and HRM databases, Metadirectory database and other databases as negotiated with our customers.
Relational database management systems and versions supported include:
- Oracle 12+
- Microsoft SQLServer 2016+
- MySQL 8+
- Microsoft Access
Support is available - Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
The service is monitored (on-call) from 7:00am to 10:00pm weekdays and from 9:00am – 5:00pm weekends.
There are no direct costs associated with this service.
Development activities undertaken as part of an Electronic Infrastructure Capital Plan (EICP) project will be costed back to that project via a time sheeting system.