About the service
Business application development provides estimates, design, development, maintenance activities and advanced technical support across a number of delivery platforms for PeopleSoft Student, Finance, Research and HRM applications, as well as other periphery enterprise systems.
Clients will utilize these services to request modifications to existing applications or to receive advice on design and development for new applications to achieve required functionality.
This service is available to
Business Applications Development: academic and research staff, professional staff.
What can I expect?
Maintenance and Support Activities
- These activities are performed in the priority order set by Business Systems Support (BSS) team leaders. These are reviewed and set each week. BSS staff meets with the clients to discuss these priorities.
- Work performed on applications covered by the Core Applications Service Agreement (SLA) for which the group provides support is done at no cost. This SLA covers errors in the code and very minor functional changes. Not all applications are core.
Project Development Activities
- This service is provided in conjunction with the Griffith Project Management Office (PMO) who oversees Information Services projects. PMO provides a quality framework for the University’s Electronic Infrastructure Capital Plan project delivery and the projects that are initiated under that plan.
- Members of the development team contribute to the estimation, design, development and testing of a new application or changes to an existing one. This is done under the quality framework of the PMO.
- The group provides resources to perform design, development and testing activities at a rates provided by the finance department. Examples of the current recovery rates are:
- Hew 9 - $630 per day
- Hew 7 - $580 per day
These rates are reviewed annually.
Other Groups that contribute to this quality framework are:
- Information Systems Architecture Development Advisory Group (ISADAG)
- Technical Architecture Development Advisory Group (TADAG)
- Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Support for the majority of work not considered to be ‘Enterprise’ wide as determined by the University Enterprise Information Systems Policy.
Support is available - Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
The service is monitored (on-call) from 7:00am to 10:00pm weekdays and from 9:00am – 5:00pm weekends.
There are no direct costs associated with this service.
Development activities undertaken as part of an Electronic Infrastructure Capital Plan (EICP) project will be costed back to that project via a time sheeting system.