About this service
This service provides management and support for corporate and research data hosting and data protection, which includes:
- consultation on data hosting
- corporate and research data hosting
- file management and support (G and H drives)
- corporate and research data protection: backup and archives.
This service is for
Griffith staff. Students can receive assistance regarding file management on H Drive only.
What to expect
Consultation on data hosting
- Recommendations on Griffith projects.
- Identification of risks and determining the possible impact on business.
Corporate research and data hosting
- Corporate system hosted internally within Griffith.
- Support the requirements for system disaster recovery.
- Data discovery for data hosted internally within Griffith.
- Data protection and disaster recovery.
- Cloud storage (by consultation).
File management in G and H drives
- Recovery for lost or accidentally deleted data.
- Internal back ups of G and H drive data.
Corporate and research data: backup and archive
- Short-term data protection via backup.
- Long-term data protection via archive.
- System recovery for corporate system.
- Data disposal and destruction for data in SMS backup and archive.
- Attend to audit (via internal request only).
- Student requests.
- Purchasing of storage hardware for projects.
- Legal advice.
- Data connectivity to applications from G and H drives.
- Data migration from/to G and H drives.
- Backup and archive of any end user computing devices and data.
- Data hosted externally by service provider.
- Email system.
- Purchasing of backup and archiving software for projects.
- Data disposal and destruction for data hosted externally.
- Conducting audits.
Business hours coverage for storage requests.
System support and maintenance is monitored 24/ 7.
There is no internal charge associated for the internal data hosting service provided.
We are very interested in hearing what you think of our services