About this service
This service provides management and support for corporate and research data hosting and data protection, which includes:
- consultation on data hosting
- corporate and research data hosting
- file management and support (G: and H: drives)
- corporate and research data protection: backup and archives
This service is for
- students may receive assistance regarding file management on H: Drive
What to expect
Consultation on data hosting
- Recommendations on Griffith projects.
- Identification of risks and determining the possible impact on business.
Corporate research and data hosting
- Corporate system hosted internally within Griffith.
- Support the requirements for system disaster recovery.
- Data discovery for data hosted internally within Griffith.
- Data protection and disaster recovery.
- Cloud storage (by consultation).
File management in G: and H: drives
- Recovery for lost or accidentally deleted data.
- Internal back ups of G and H drive data.
Corporate and research data: backup and archive
- Short-term data protection via backup.
- Long-term data protection via archive.
- System recovery for corporate system.
- Data disposal and destruction for data in SMS backup and archive.
- Attend to audit (via internal request only).
- student requests
- purchasing of storage hardware for projects
- legal advice
- data connectivity to applications from G and H drives
- data migration from and to G: and H: drives
- backup and archive of any end user computing devices and data
- data hosted externally by service provider
- email system
- purchasing of backup and archiving software for projects
- data disposal and destruction for data hosted externally
- conducting audits
Business hours coverage for storage requests.
System support and maintenance is monitored 24/ 7.
There is no internal charge associated for the internal data hosting service provided.