For international student visa holders only
How to apply for release from Griffith University when you wish to transfer to another CRICOS registered provider in Australia.
Read through the Transfer request policy and procedure (123k PDF) to understand the reasons why a request may be approved.
LESS THAN SIX MONTHS OF STUDY
If you have completed less than six months of study:
- make an appointment with an International Student Advisor to find out if you are eligible to transfer
- prepare any required documentation as outlined below
A release will only be approved under exceptional circumstances. We will email your Griffith email address within 10 business days to advise you of the outcome.
Please note that other universities and education providers will not be able to issue you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), or enrol you in any courses unless you have provided them with evidence of an approved release from Griffith University.
- Get written confirmation from your sponsor showing they support your request.
Under 18 years of age
- Get written support from your parent/legal guardian confirming the reasons for the release.
- If you are not living in the care of your parent/legal guardian, get written confirmation from the new institution showing they accept responsibility for your accommodation, support and general welfare arrangement.