Become a Griffith Sport Event Leader
Applications to become one of the Griffith Sport Event Leaders are open to current Sport and Event Management students (or those with an interest in the field). This program will give you the opportunity to build practical skills to complement your current university studies and, most importantly, increase your graduate employment prospects.
Griffith Sport Event Leaders
Leaders will work across a range of different sporting events in varying roles in order to develop a well-rounded base of skills. A few of the roles you may be assigned to include:
- Course Marshalls and Supervisors
- Finish Line Marshalls
- Timing Officials
- Registration and Left Luggage
- Water Station crew
- Event set up and pack down crew
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive the following incentives as part of the Griffith Sport Event Leaders program:
- Event Crew Cap and Water Bottle
- Event handbook
- Skills development and training sessions
- Free 7-day Premium Nathan Fitness Pass (1 per event attendance)
- Event Leader Thank You Party (Logan Fun Run and Toohey Trail Run)
- Top 20 Volunteers will receive a complimentary ticket to the Griffith Sport Awards Night
- Years of Service recognition
- Be eligible for the 'Event Leader of the Year' and 'Event Spirit' Award for outstanding service*
- Certificate outlining achievements and written reference (LinkedIn)
- Have fun and socialise with like-minded people
- Learn invaluable practical skills that are certain to increase your graduate job prospects
Earn your Griffith Credentials
Eligible Griffith Sport Event volunteers can now receive Griffith Credentials - a new way to showcase your achievements and accomplishments.
Find out more about Griffith Credentials.
*To be eligible for the event leader awards you must attend a minimum of 2 major events throughout the year.