The Behavioural Science Cluster Honours scholarship supports high-performing students, commencing the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree (2089) or Bachelor of Business (Honours) degree (2088), who have a proposed research topic that related to the Cluster’s research interests, including: financial decision-making; behavioural economics; health; social impact; environmental change; and sustainability.
Maximum value: $4000
Apply by: Friday 13 December 2019
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder, New Zealand Citizen or an International Student
- have been admitted to and be enrolled in the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree (2089) or Bachelor of Business (Honours) degree (2088).
- have achieved a minimum GPA 6.0 during your undergraduate study. (Applications will be ranked primarily on GPA. Special consideration may apply for students with a GPA 5.5 or above who can demonstrate hardship during their undergraduate studies. Please outline the circumstances in the Statements section).
- be studying full-time or part-time (min 20CP)
- undertake research towards an Honours dissertation in an area of Behavioural Science in topic areas which may include, but are not limited to:
- Financial decision-making
- Behavioural economics
- Social impact
- Environmental change
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Honours and research topics: outline of Honours topic and supervisor- proposed research topic should relate to the Behavioural Science Cluster’s research interests. (Make sure your supervisor signs the approval form mentioned below)
- Personal Statements:
- Career Goals and Aims: How can an understanding of behavioural science help to achieve behaviour change?
- Scholarship benefit: How will the Scholarship help you with your Honours studies?
- Optional Is there anything else you would like to add: any request for consideration of GPA being below required.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
Honours supervisor approval form - Please have the Griffith staff member that has agreed to supervise your dissertation sign the attached form.
Maximum value is $4000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $2000 are payable for each enrolled trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship provided conditions are met.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- Remain enrolled full-time or part-time (20CP) in the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree (2089) or Bachelor of Business (Honours) degree (2088), and
- Maintain a GPA of 6.0 or above to receive the second instalment.
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet eligibility requirements.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.