Our GELI Direct Entry Program Scholarship rewards outstanding GELI Direct Entry Program graduates who are articulating into an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at Griffith University.
Valid for your first trimester
Level of study
Undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs
Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2021
To be eligible you must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Complete the Direct Entry Program at Griffith English Language Institute (GELI).
- Satisfy all academic and English language entry requirements for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program.
- Be a full-time student starting in either Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2021 at Griffith University.
Read the terms and conditions below to understand all the requirements of this scholarship.
With you all the way
Start your Griffith University study online and then join us here in Australia when travel restrictions are lifted
How to apply
You don't need to apply for the scholarship, we've kept it as easy as possible. Study the Direct Entry Program at GELI and we will let you know if you have been successful.
- Apply to study DEP at GELI followed by an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Griffith University.
- Study the Direct Entry Program at GELI and achieve an outstanding result.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the top performing student who is articulating into an eligible program at Griffith University.
- The scholarship winner is announced at your graduation ceremony and receives a certificate and scholarship letter.
Receiving the scholarship
- You will need to accept the scholarship by the date specified in the scholarship letter. If you don’t accept it, it will be withdrawn.
- The scholarship will be deducted from your tuition fees prior to the census date of your first trimester at Griffith University. You must pay the remaining balance of fees, based on your enrolment, by census date.
GELI gave me all the tools that I needed in order to be successful in my degree program. They made me feel more confident in myself and gave me the tools to ensure that I was able to be successful in my first trimester of my university program. All of my teachers were very supportive both with studies and also with giving us tips about living in Australia. I was able to build strong relationships with both my teachers and my classmates.
Narda Rivera, GELI student
Terms and conditions
- Griffith University academic and English language entry requirements apply.
- Scholarship applies to undergraduate or postgraduate coursework tuition fees only.
- AU$1,000 will be deducted from undergraduate or postgraduate coursework tuition fees only and will be applied in the first trimester in the first year of the program. It will be applied by the Griffith University census date of the program.
- Students must be International Fee Paying to qualify for the scholarship and scholarship deduction. Any change from International Fee Paying student status will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- Deferral of scholarships is not permitted.
- Excludes Study Abroad and Exchange programs, Higher Degree Research, Government scholarship students, online, non-award and offshore-delivered programs.
Ongoing enrolment requirements
- Students must be enrolled full-time (40 CP) to receive the tuition fee reduction, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.