APPLYING FOR FUNDING
- Apply for funding with your respective Provincial Office in Canada. See our Canada page for links. Applications can be lodged online. Please review the "2018 Study Dates" section below to find what study dates the Financial Aid Office will use when certifying your student loan paperwork.
- Complete and submit your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA). Your MSFAA comprises two loan contracts: one between yourself and the Government of Canada, and the other between yourself and your Provincial government. If you already have an approved MSFAA, you can skip this step of the application process.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office that you have lodged your loan application and require a program information form, Appendix 3 or other documentation completed and sent to your loan provider. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. New students must include the following personal details in the email:
- full name
- Griffith University ID
- social insurance number
- address in Canada
- telephone number in Canada.
Continuing students that have loans for their studies at Griffith University do not need to give us their SIN.
- Once the Financial Aid Office has received your request, we will complete the required form and send it directly to the lender.
2018 study dates
- Full year 2018: 26 February to 20 October 2018 (30 weeks)
- Trimester 1 2018: 27 February to 23 June 2018 (15 weeks)
- Trimester 2 2018: 9 July to 20 October 2018 (15 weeks)
- Trimester 3: 29 October 2018 to 23 February 2019 (15 weeks)
Receiving your funding
- You should receive a Confirmation of Enrolment form each trimester from your loan provider for the Financial Aid Office for certification. The two-page document can be handed in at the at the Student Centres at Gold Coast, Nathan and South Bank campuses, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com. All scanned documents must be clear. If we cannot read the details on the scanned document, we will request another one from you.
- The Financial Aid Office will complete and fax the Confirmation of Enrolment to the loan provider.
- You will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office advising that the paperwork has been submitted to your loan provider.
- Once your loan provider has processed your Confirmation of Enrolment Form, the loan funds will be deposited into your bank, as listed on your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement.