The US Department of Veterans Affairs is the only organisation authorised to determine your eligibility. Specific questions on any of the benefit programs or eligibility should be directed to:

Buffalo VA Regional Office

(Foreign Schools)

130 S. Elmwood Avenue

Buffalo New York 14202-2478


+1 (716) 857 3396

A special service is offered for foreign school applicants. Dial "1" to be placed at the head of the queue.


Once you have checked the list of approved Griffith degree to ensure your desired program has been approved by the US Department of Veteran Affairs, you can then head to our apply site and follow the directions for international students.

Apply now

Reduced deposit for Post-9/11 GI Bil

If you receive the Post-9/11 GI Bill, you can apply to pay a reduced deposit of $500 AUD towards tuition and the full amount for your visa-length overseas student health cover. You will need to supply a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the Griffith University Financial Aid Office at finaid-scholarships@griffith.edu.au. Once the certificate has been checked, you’ll be copied into an email advising of your eligibility.

Credit for prior training

If you receive educational benefits from US Department of Veterans Affairs, you are required by law to provide official transcripts of prior education, training and experience when you enrol. To assist in pre-registration and assessment of advanced standing, please submit this information when you apply to study at Griffith. We will assess any subjects you have completed at other schools or been awarded to you as a result of your military service. They may be applied to your proposed degree program and decrease your course duration.

Applying for veteran benefits

Follow the steps for applying for Veterans Affairs education benefits via the US Department of Veteran Affairs website