Overseas Student Health Cover for international students
It is a condition of your student visa that you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your student visa. This cost is separate to your tuition charges. You must provide evidence of your health cover when you apply for a student visa.
Overseas Student Health Cover provides cover towards the costs of:
- out-of-hospital medical treatment
- in-hospital medical treatment
- prescription medicines
- emergency ambulance assistance
- pre-existing conditions (after the first 12 months of your policy)
You will have:
- access to a 24-hour emergency helpline
- on-campus support
- efficient direct billing and claiming processes.
Griffith University's preferred provider is Allianz Care Australia.
Griffith University automatically arranges health insurance for all students except Belgian and Norwegian students.
Belgian and Norway
Belgian and Norwegian students will be covered for treatment that is medically necessary under their country's Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with Australia.
Once you have a policy
Familiarise yourself with your health cover and find out your policy number. You may need to order a membership card.
Representatives from Allianz Care Australia are available on-campus to answer your questions.
Griffith English Language Institute and Griffith College
Gold Coast campus
- 10 am – 1 pm
- International, G52, Level 4
Mt Gravatt campus
- 10 am – 4 pm
- International, M14, Level 4
Using a different provider
If you wish to use a provider other than Allianz Global Assistance for your health cover, you must select an approved insurer.
- Choose a new insurer listed in Overseas Student Health Cover - Frequently Asked Questions
- Complete and submit the Change of Overseas Student Health Cover form (PDF 357kb)
- Provide evidence of your purchase and the duration of cover when you apply for your student visa.