Producing industry ready graduates via practical placement
The School of Applied Psychology run professional clinics open to the public in which our clinical and organisational postgraduates can complete an internal placement. Organisational Psychology postgraduates can undertake a placement in the Work and Organisational Resilience Centre (WORC), which is the School of Applied Psychology's internal consultancy service offering organisational psychology services to industry. These students also undertake external placements in public sector departments and agencies, boutique consultancies, not-for-profit and private organisations, where they apply their skills to areas including organisational development, change management, human factors, recruitment and selection, and learning and development.
Clinical Psychology postgraduates complete internal placements in clinics at the Mount Gravatt or Gold Coast campuses where they see adult and child clients who require assistance with a range of mental health and related difficulties or cognitive or developmental assessment. Clients might be seen individually or in groups. Clinical postgraduates also complete external placements in a range of government and non-government organisations.
GOLD COAST CLINIC
The Griffith University Gold Coast Psychology Clinic provides high quality, affordable psychological services for the general public. We provide a comprehensive assessment and treatment by a provisionally trained psychologist, reviewed by an experienced clinical psychologist.
MT GRAVATT CLINIC
You're in good hands
- Comprehensive assessment and treatment by a provisionally trained psychologist, reviewed by an experienced clinical psychologist
- Professional psychology services also available
- No referrals required
- Specialised treatment programs for children, adults, couples, families and organisations
- Individual and group sessions available
- Individual therapy sessions only $20 ($10 for concession)
- Full cognitive and behavioural assessments only $300 (RRP $800)
- Unlimited therapy sessions - no GP mental health plan required
- Late night appointments available on request
The Nyunga Centre was established in 1999 as a joint initiative between Brisbane Catholic Education and the School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast. The aim of the Nyunga Centre is to provide a no cost clinical service for students and their families enrolled at a Catholic primary or secondary school within the Gold Coast region.
WORK AND ORGANISATIONAL RESILIENCE CENTRE
The Work and Organisational Resilience Centre (WORC) at Griffith University is an in-house consultancy that has been established to provide organisational psychology services to industry.
- Training/workshop design
- Job analysis
- Selection and recruitment design
- Psychometric assessment
- Facilitation skills
- Performance management
- Stress and wellbeing management for employees
- Rehabilitation assessment
- Human factors assessments and interventions
- Intervention implementation and evaluation