Adjustment factors to boost your Selection Rank
Adjustment factors may boost your Selection Rank and can improve your chances of gaining a place in your preferred degree at Griffith. Discover more below to see if you're eligible.
Note: The maximum adjustments that you can receive under all pathways is capped at eight (8).
NATHAN, MT GRAVATT AND SOUTH BANK COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
If you are new to tertiary study and a resident of the Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich or Redlands area, you may be eligible for two (2) location adjustments when you apply for programs at the Nathan, Mt Gravatt or South Bank campuses. Adjustments are automatically applied to eligible preferences on your QTAC application.
Excluded programs: Bachelor of Acting, Bachelor of Contemporary Australian Indigenous Art, Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Musical Theatre and all Graduate Entry, Advanced Standing or postgraduate programs.
Priority Access regions
Year 12 subject adjustment
Griffith awards subject adjustments for Senior subjects and university courses successfully completed in high school that require a high level of skill and knowledge.
As a current Year 12 student, you can be awarded two (2) adjustments per subject, including GUESTS courses, up to a maximum of six (6).
Educational Access Scheme
The Educational Access Scheme can help if you have experienced circumstances that negatively affected your studies.
If eligible for the Educational Access Scheme, you may receive an equity adjustment, which may improve your chance of receiving an offer.
The Bachelor of Medical Science and the Bachelor of Dental Health Science are excluded from this scheme.
You can apply for this scheme when you apply for an undergraduate program through QTAC or UAC.
Elite Athlete Support Policy – Adjustment Factors
As a recognised Elite Athlete Friendly university, Griffith University acknowledges the value of the integration of sporting and academic aspirations. Applicants may apply for Elite Athlete Adjustment Factors as part of their QTAC application.
The University may take account of the impact of an applicant's sporting achievements on their educational outcome in the previous two years, in making an admission decision. Up to six adjustment factors (six ATAR ranks) may be applied to the entry rank of an applicant. Note: The maximum adjustments that you can receive under all pathways is capped at eight (8).
To qualify for an adjustment applicants must also be a competitor, coach or referee in a recognised sport as per the list at the Australian Sport Commission (ASC) or
- be recognised by the Australian Institute of Sport, Queensland Academy of Sport or Professional Player’s Association; and
- meet at least one of the following:
– be a member of a state or national squad/development squad
– bompete in a national or international level competition; or
– be a coach or referee within national or international level competitions.
The Griffith Sports College offers support for elite athletes.
The following programs are excluded from Elite Athlete Support Policy – Adjustment Factors:
- All Queensland Conservatorium programs
- Bachelor of Contemporary Australian Indigenous Art
- Bachelor of Dental Health Science
- Bachelor of Dental Hygiene
- Bachelor of Dental Technology
- Bachelor of Dental Prosthetics
- Bachelor of Dental Technology /Bachelor of Dental Prosthetics
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing (Advanced Standing)
- Bachelor of Nursing/Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Nursing (Advanced Standing)
- Bachelor of Nursing/Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Nursing
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy