We support elite athletes to achieve sporting and academic excellence
Griffith Sports College plays a vital role in fostering students who are also elite athletes, helping them devote time to training and competition while they complete their tertiary studies. As part of the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network, the College integrates sporting and academic aspirations.
Elite athletes program benefits
- Direct admission
- Consideration for program admission flexibility
- Personalised degree advice and course planning
- Timetabling assistance and class flexibility
- Assessment and exam flexibility
- Opportunity to study with other institutions
- Access to on-campus sporting facilities and gym
- Funding for specific sporting events
- Access and special rates for physiotherapy and sports science services
Through dedicated assistance from Griffith Sports College, over 400 student athletes successfully balance the high demands of elite sport and university life each year.
The Griffith Sports College team has a wealth of sporting and academic knowledge, with staff including director Duncan Free and manager Naomi McCarthy (nee Castle). Both are Olympic gold medallists and Griffith alumni who understand the demands student athletes face, and provide unique mentoring and support.
Our elite athletes
Griffith Sports College proudly supports champs such as Cameron McEvoy, Ashleigh Gentle and Emma McKeon. The College’s distinguished alumni spans 50 Olympians, Paralympians and Commonwealth Games athletes.