Minimum IT requirements for studying online
Studying online through our digital campus will require that you meet minimum IT requirements to ensure you can:
- access video and audio recordings
- access digital learning resources
- complete online assessment
- participate in classroom discussion and collaboration via online communication and collaboration tools.
- Access to a desktop, laptop or tablet computer running Windows 7 or later, Mac OSX10.9 Lion or later.
- A webcam and headset (including microphone).
- A reliable, high-speed broadband internet connection, with sufficient upload and download capacity.
- Access to an up to date web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Be aware of the supported web browsers for Learning@Griffith (your learning environment).
- Office software to create documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Office 365 is available as a free download.
- Minimum download speed = 0.75Mpbs.
- Minimum upload speed = 0.35Mpbs.
- If you are unable to meet the minimum internet speed requirement, you will experience issues.
- Speedtest by Ookla and many other internet speed test sites are freely available on the Internet.
Alternative methods of access are available, for example:
- You can use text-based chat, or phone in, in the online classrooms.
- Download all of the videos and watch offline.
- Find a location with faster internet for assessment submission.