Apply for a cross-institutional course at Griffith University

If you are seeking to be a cross-institutional student, you should make an application prior to the trimester in which you wish to study.

Both external students to Griffith University and current Griffith University students studying in a trimester wanting to study a Teaching Period course can apply.

Approval to undertake cross-institutional study will only be given where:

  • the course is not a restricted course or (if the course is restricted) relevant approval is provided
  • prerequisite conditions are met
  • places are available.

Accelerated cross-institutional course application form

Accelerated single course of study is one subject of a Griffith degree

If you are seeking to be an accelerated single course student, you should make an application prior to the Teaching Period in which you wish to study.

Both external students to Griffith University and current Griffith University students studying a trimester course wanting to study a 6 by 6 course can apply.

Completing a single course study is an excellent admission pathway option that allows you to:

  • pursue a range of professional or personal interests
  • develop your skills and knowledge in a specialist area
  • meet accreditation requirements for registration with a professional body
  • contribute to your vocational and personal development
    take the first step to applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate program.

Professional accreditation requirements and overseas trained professionals

Griffith does not assess qualifications for accreditation or registration purposes. Assessment of your current qualifications and eligibility must be undertaken by the related Australian accreditation or professional body.

Following assessment of overseas qualifications, you can submit an application if you are required to undertake additional single units of tertiary study. A certified copy of the formal assessment is required to be attached to your application. It is your responsibility to obtain confirmation from the relevant professional body that the nominated single units of study comply with relevant accreditation or registration requirements.

You can use the Griffith Degree and career finder to find courses of interest to you.

Degree and career finder

Accelerated single course of study application form


As a student who is studying a single course, you are required to pay tuition fees.

The tuition fees for postgraduate courses are charged per credit point according to a student's enrolment in the teaching period at the census date. You will be charged the tuition fee, applicable to the academic program that the course belongs to, for the year in which you are studying.

Bridging study for overseas trained professionals

You may be eligible to defer your tuition fees to FEE-HELP if you are undertaking bridging study.

You will be able to access FEE-HELP if:

  • you trained in a profession overseas; and
  • your profession is included in the Skilled Occupation List; and
  • your study is listed on your assessment statement; and
  • you are an Australian citizen or Permanent resident; and
  • you will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit (course); and
  • the bridging study is being done on a non-award basis; and
  • the bridging study does not constitute more than one EFTSL (generally one year of full-time study); and
  • the bridging study is not a general English language course; and
  • will not provide a qualification beyond basic entry-level to your profession.

Further information can be found in Section 7 of the Fees and Charges Policy.


If you have any questions regarding Accelerated Online applications, get in touch