The YFS scholarship was established for students undertaking any undergraduate degree program at Griffith University Logan campus, are a Logan City Council resident and are experiencing financial hardship.
Maximum value is $2,000, payable instalments.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- be undertaking an undergraduate degree program at Griffith University's Logan Campus
- be a Logan City Resident
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program Preferences (Commencing students) - Undergraduate degree
- Program (Continuing students) - Undergraduate degree
- Income and expenditure/ Circumstances: Financial hardship
- Personal statements:
- Scholarship benefit/Experiences/Challenges experienced: Address how the scholarship will improve your circumstances and opportunities. (Include relevant life experiences and your capacity to benefit from the scholarship)
Maximum value is $2,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $1,000 are payable in trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
YFS is a leading community services organisation based in Logan that, since 1983, has been building people's capacity to live independently and participate in our local community through a range of initiatives and services.
Our vision is to build independence and participation. Our purpose is about backing vulnerable people to overcome adversity and to thrive.
In 2019, YFS is offering an additional scholarship - The James Finn Memorial YFS Scholarship. Through his work for YFS in the 1980s and 1990s, James Finn was a pioneer in educating young people in Logan about HIV and AIDS, sexually transmitted infections and harm minimisation relating to drug use. Also, James established Logan's first needle exchange service and helped set up an accommodation centre that housed young people who were experiencing homelessness.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled at Griffith University
- maintain a GPA of 3.5 or above for the duration of the Scholarship benefit
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.