The YFS Scholarship was established for students undertaking any undergraduate degree program at Griffith University Logan campus, are a Logan City Council resident and are experiencing financial hardship.
Maximum value is $2,000, payable instalments.
Apply by: 12pm Friday 12 March 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- be undertaking an undergraduate degree program at Griffith University's Logan Campus
- be a Logan City Resident
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary education history (commencing students) - academic merit
- Program preferences (commencing students)
- Program (continuing students) - academic merit
- Income and expenditure: financial hardship
- Personal statements:
- Scholarship benefit: address how this scholarship will improve your circumstances
- Experience: detail your personal life experiences
- Challenge(s) experienced
Maximum value is $2,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $1,000 are payable in trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
YFS is a leading community services organisation based in Logan that, since 1983, has been building people's capacity to live independently and participate in our local community through a range of initiatives and services.
Our vision is to build independence and participation. Our purpose is about backing vulnerable people to overcome adversity and to thrive.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled at Griffith University
- maintain a GPA of 3.5 or above for the duration of the Scholarship benefit
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.