The YFS scholarship was established for students undertaking any undergraduate degree program at Griffith University Logan campus, are a Logan City Council resident and are experiencing financial hardship.
Maximum value is $2,000, payable instalments.
Applications are currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- be undertaking an undergraduate degree program at Griffith University Logan Campus
- be a Logan City Resident
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program Preferences (Commencing students) - Undergraduate degree
- Program (Continuing students) - Undergraduate degree
- Income and expenditure/ Circumstances: Financial hardship
- Personal statements:
- Scholarship benefit/Experiences/Challenges experienced: Address how the scholarship will improve your circumstances and opportunities. (Include relevant life experiences and your capacity to benefit from the scholarship)
Maximum value is $2,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $1,000 are payable in trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
YFS is a not for profit organisation that delivers a wide range of programs to the people of Logan and surrounds.
Our vision is building independence and participation. Our purpose is to deliver services designed to promote independence and citizenship. We champion rights and responsibilities and clients taking up social, cultural and economic opportunities.
YFS has a multitude of services and an established track record of working and investing in the Logan community.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled at Griffith University
- maintain a GPA of 3.5 or above for the duration of the Scholarship benefit
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.