The Widening Participation Scholarships are for students who have experienced financial hardship, and/or education disadvantage that has impacted on their ability to achieve their full potential.
Applications close: 4pm Friday 24 January 2020.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- be a domestic undergraduate student (this includes school leavers and non-school leavers, commencing and continuing students)
- Demonstrate financial disadvantage by either:
- being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment; or
- a comprehensive assessment by the University.
- Not have completed the requirements for an Australian Bachelor award unless such an award is a pre-requisite to their undergraduate program of enrolment and there is no alternate pathway into that program
For detailed eligibility please see the Equity Scholarships.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary education history (commencing students)
- Program (continuing students)
- Income and expenditure
The assessment is made on the basis of an assessment in accordance with the following five categories:
- Financial hardship
- Home environment and responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- Personal illness and disability
- Educational disruption
Priority will be given to students who:
- are not in receipt of any other scholarship funding
- either demonstrate the potential for or have the proven ability for successful academic progression.
- Widening Participation Accommodation Scholarship, maximum value $4,400, for a maximum of 1 year
- Widening Participation Education costs scholarship, maximum value $2,200, for a maximum of 1 year
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
These scholarships are sponsored by the Commonwealth Government.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to meet the terms and conditions in the Equity Scholarships Policy
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.