The Soroptimist International (Brisbane) Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship was established to support a second year female student enrolled in an undergraduate degree hosted by the School of Nursing and Midwifery who is experiencing financial hardship.
$1,000 paid in a single instalment
Applications closed for 2020.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- be female
- be enrolled in the second year (completed a minimum of 80 credit points) of an undergraduate program hosted by the School of Nursing and Midwifery
- be able to provide evidence of financial need
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program (Current Students)
- Income and expenditure
- Personal Statement:
- Scholarship benefit: detail how this scholarship will benefit you
- Challenge(s) experienced: detail the challenges you have had to overcome
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting documentation
- Other: Evidence of financial need – Centrelink statement or Tax statement
This scholarship is valued at $1,000 payable in a single instalment.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions.
Soroptimist International is a global movement of women, with members belonging to more than 3,000 clubs in 126 countries/territories, spread over 4 federations.
Through international partnerships and this global network of members, Soroptimists inspire action and create opportunities to transform the lives of women and girls by: advocating for equity and equality; creating safe and health environments; increasing access to education; and development leadership and practical skills for a sustainable future.
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet eligibility requirements.
Whilst not mandatory, recipients should be prepared to attend a Soroptimist meeting in Brisbane during the course of the year.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.