Support for high achieving students commencing an undergraduate Griffith Sciences degree who are experiencing financial hardship and/or educational disadvantage.
Maximum value is $20,000 payable in instalments.
Apply by: 12pm Friday 29 January 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- be commencing full-time study in Trimester 1 2021 in an undergraduate degree hosted by Griffith Sciences
- have a GPA of 5 or above or an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 88.75 or above (including equivalent OP Band 1-6 and International Baccalaureate (IB))
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship and/or educational disadvantage by either being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment or a comprehensive assessment by the University
- not be in receipt of other scholarship funding
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary education history (commencing students): academic merit
- Program preferences (commencing students)
- Program (current students)
- Tertiary education history (current students): academic merit
- Income and expenditure
- Personal statement
- Family: detail what it means to be first in family to study at University (if applicable)
Selection is made based on an assessment in accordance with the following categories:
- Financial hardship
- Home environment and responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- Personal illness and disability
- Educational disadvantage
- Academic standing of the applicant and the likelihood of success in their chosen program
Preference will be given to applicants who are first in family to attend University.
Maximum value is $20,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $2,500 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester up to the maximum value of the scholarship or minimum duration of the degree, whichever is the lesser.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full-time enrolled in the Griffith Sciences undergraduate degree for which this scholarship was awarded (transferring from a single degree to a cognate double degree or completion of a fourth year of end on Honours may also be approved)*
- maintain a GPA of 5.5 or above
- continue to meet the eligibility requirements
*Requests for leave of absence may be considered in line with Griffith University policies
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.