Professor Chenoweth established this scholarship to support undergraduate students who are experiencing financial hardship. Preference will be given to students who are enrolled at Logan campus and have not received another scholarship.
Maximum value is $1,500 payable in instalments.
Apply by: 12pm Friday 26 February 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- have completed 40 Credit Points (CP) of an undergraduate degree at Griffith University with a passing grade
- be enrolled full-time
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Income and expenditure: Financial Hardship
- Personal statements:
- Scholarship benefit: evidence your financial need
- Challenges experienced: provide details of your personal background
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting documentation
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Please provide your current Curriculum Vitae
Applicants must be available to attend an interview.
Preference will be given to applicants enrolled in a degree at Griffith University’s Logan campus and those who have not received another scholarship.
Maximum value is $1,500, paid in two instalments. Instalments of $750 are payable in Trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
Professor Lesley Chenoweth is the former Head of the Logan Campus at Griffith University, and a Professor of Social Work. A passionate believer in the value of a university education, Professor Chenoweth has established this scholarship to support undergraduate students who are experiencing financial hardship. Preference will be given to students who are enrolled at Logan campus and have not received another scholarship.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full-time enrolled at Griffith University
- maintain good academic standing at Griffith University for the duration of the scholarship benefit
- submit a summary report at the end of Trimester 1, 2021 outlining how this scholarship has assisted you (the second payment will be dependent on submission of this report).
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.