Two Bursaries are available for Queensland regional students who wish to study at Griffith University’s Nathan Campus in an undergraduate Engineering program and can demonstrate an interest in and intend to study an Electronics major.
Maximum value is $2,500 payable in instalments.
Apply by: 12pm Friday 29 January 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- have completed year 12 in 2020 at a high school in Queensland excluding South East and Metropolitan Regions as defined by the Department of Education
- be able to demonstrate an interest in electronics and intent to study electronics courses 1305ENG Engineering Programming and 1301ENG Electric Circuits in Trimester 2 2021
- be eligible for admission into and have applied to commence full-time in one of the following Griffith School of Engineering and Built Environment undergraduate programs, on the Nathan campus, in Trimester 1 2021:
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (1542)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Electronic and Computer Engineering (1586)
- Bachelor or Engineering with Honours/Bachelor of Science (1561)
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours/Bachelor of Business (1557)
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours/Bachelor of Environmental Science (1555)
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours/Bachelor of Information Technology (1559)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Aviation (1584)
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary education history
- Program Preferences
- Referee details: one academic referee report that supports your application
- Personal statements:
- Career goals and aims: Outline your interests in electronics and your intention to study electronics courses
- Community involvement: Detail your extra-curricular activities and hobbies
- Experience: Outline your academic achievements to date (e.g. school awards etc.)
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please us only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting Documentation:
- Other: please upload a copy of your student profile or academic results (this document must be signed by your teacher, principal or guidance officer)
Maximum value is $2,500, paid in instalments. Instalments of $1,250 are payable in trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full-time enrolled at Griffith University’s Nathan campus in the degree for which the scholarship was awarded
- be enrolled in 1305ENG Engineering Programming and 1301ENG Electric Circuits in Trimester 2 2021
- maintain a minimum GPA of 4
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including Referee Reports and any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.