Griffith Business School offers a number of scholarships each academic year, designed to support Honours candidates. To be eligible, a candidate must have been admitted to, and enrolled in the Griffith Business School Honours Program (2088/2090).
The Griffith Business School Honours Scholarship has a maximum value of $5,000 paid in two instalments. Successful applicants will be paid as an offset against their Student Contribution Charge.
Apply by 12 pm Friday 22 January 2021.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or hold a Humanitarian Visa
- have been admitted to, and be enrolled in the Griffith Business School Honours program (2088/2090) commencing in Trimester 1 2021
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 6.5 in their second and third year courses undertaken during their undergraduate study*
* Candidates who encountered extenuating personal, medical or professional circumstances during their undergraduate degree which impacted on their academic performance, and therefore do not meet the GPA stipulation, can still apply. Such candidates will need to outline the nature of these circumstances and provide supporting evidence.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Honours and research topics: Outline of Honours topic and supervisor
- Personal statements:
- Experience: Demonstrate outstanding academic performance, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Program specific- Business: Provide a personal statement supporting the application. Why are you doing the Honours program?
The Griffith Business School Honours Scholarship has a maximum value of $5,000 paid in two instalments (full-time candidates). Part-time candidates may be eligible to be paid in four instalments over the (standard) duration of their candidature.
Successful applicants will be paid as an offset against their Student Contribution Charge (previously known as HECS) based on credit points enrolled in.
Payments are made prior to the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- maintain a GPA of 6.0 or above in the coursework component of the program
If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully complete their program, it is at the discretion of the Griffith Business School Honours Scholarship Selection Committee to require the recipient to repay a portion of the scholarship entitlement.
It is at the discretion of the Griffith Business School Honours Scholarship Selection Committee to determine:
- the procedures for examination of applications and to make a decision on a majority vote;
- the eligibility of students studying part-time;
- not to award scholarships due to lack of eligible and worthy applicants; and
- the scholarship value, based on the applicant pool.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.