The Criminology and Criminal Justice Honours Scholarship is available to highly motivated students who have recently completed their undergraduate degree in Criminology, Psychology or Sociology and have an interest in pursuing a research career in Criminology.
The maximum value is $6,000 payable in instalments.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- have recently completed an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- be eligible for admission into and have applied to commence full-time in the Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice (Honours) in Trimester 1 2021.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program (continuing students).
- Tertiary education history: Academic Merit.
- Program preferences (commencing students).
- Honours and research topic: Provide an outline of your Honours project.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting documentation
- Other: If your undergraduate degree was NOT completed at Griffith University, upload a copy of your transcript.
* Applicants may be interviewed.
Maximum value is $6,000 payable in two instalments. Instalments of $3,000 are payable in Trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made within six weeks after the census date subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full-time enrolled at Griffith University in the Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice (Honours)
- maintain a minimum GPA of 6
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.