The Adam Scott Foundation Business Scholarship is for students who have overcome adversities in their life, are passionate about business and may also have an interest in sport.
The scholarship is for payment of the student contribution charges (CSP/HECS).
Apply by: 12 pm Friday 22 January 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen
- have applied or been accepted into one of the below programs in 2021:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Sport Development
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Government and International Relations
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management/Bachelor of Business
- not have previously completed a bachelor degree or higher level award
- undertake full-time studies, (consideration for part-time studies may be approved by the Adam Scott Foundation)
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary Education History: Academic merit
- Program preference
- Referee Details: (Optional) one academic referee (school teacher or principal) and one character referee (person from your community or workplace)
- Personal Statements:
- Career Goals and Aims: Outlining your career aspirations
- Scholarship Benefit: The benefit you will derive from receiving a scholarship
- Challenge(s) Experienced: Previous challenges you have encountered i.e. disrupted schooling (i.e. frequently moved, illness, family tragedy), disadvantaged school environment, geographic isolation, limited access to financial resources, difficult home circumstances impacting on education, family responsibilities impacting on time available for study, English language difficulty
The scholarship covers the student contribution charges (HECS), tuition fees, for the program for which this scholarship was awarded. Payments to your Student Contribution Charges (HECS) are made prior to census date, subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions.
"For a number of years now, I have envisaged creating a structure that will allow me to assist various youth groups that need help. As I have travelled the world playing professional golf and experiencing many favourable situations, it has also become apparent to me just how many people are suffering, disadvantaged and lacking opportunity.
I was fortunate to be offered the opportunity of following my chosen career path but not everyone has that fortune. I believe that the giving of an opportunity may be one of the greatest gifts of all, be that an opportunity for a single experience to a sick child, to a chance to follow a dream that may otherwise be unattainable.
In line with our focus of supporting disadvantaged and underprivileged Australian youth, we are very pleased to offer The Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship.
The Adam Scott Foundation is extremely pleased to be able to provide the opportunity of undertaking tertiary education for a successful applicant to achieve their desired objectives."
- Adam Scott, Australian Professional Golfer
The Adam Scott Foundation was created to provide life opportunities for Australian children and youth. The Foundation will strive to assist and support young people, to provide a greater range of options and to enhance life and career possibilities. The Foundation will support a broad scope of individuals, groups and other charities that encompass the belief that we can make a difference for our youth. The Foundation is searching for a student who has overcome adversities in their life and is passionate about business and sport. The scholarship is for payment of the student contribution charges (HECS).
For more information on the Adam Scott Foundation, please visit the Adam Scott Foundation website.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled at Griffith University in the program for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain a pass rate of GPA 4 or above
- maintain a full-time study load (unless otherwise approved by the Adam Scott Foundation)
- gain approval from the Adam Scott Foundation for leave of absence from your University studies
- provide a report at the end of each trimester, for your first year of study, that outlines your educational results and how the scholarship has benefited you in your chosen career. Subsequent years require only one report at the end of each year, until completion of study. Reports are to be forwarded to the Adam Scott Foundation
- at all times, present yourself to the high standards befitting the representation of the Adam Scott Foundation in the community. Should you bring the Adam Scott Foundation into disrepute, the scholarship will be terminated immediately.
- agree to be approached by Adam Scott Foundation to undertake additional promotional and external activities
Applications, including referee reports, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants will be shortlisted and be required to attend an interview.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.