The Leneen Forde Zonta Scholarship is for female students enrolled in an undergraduate degree at Griffith University Logan campus and are experiencing financial hardship. The Zonta Club of Brisbane has offered an annual scholarship at Griffith University Logan campus since 2013.
The scholarship is valued at $2,000 and paid as a one-off payment.
Apply by 4 pm Wednesday 14 July 2021.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be enrolled in a Griffith University undergraduate degree program at Logan campus
- be enrolled full time
- be female
- have successfully completed the first three trimesters (minimum 120CP) of your degree program with good academic standing
- be prepared to attend an interview.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program: Demonstrated Academic Merit - be in good academic standing.
- Referee reports:
- Community: A referee report to support your statement relating to your community involvement/contributions.
- Income and expenditure/ Circumstances: Demonstrated significant financial hardship.
- Personal statements:
- Career goals and aims: What are your aims and ambitions?
- Community involvement: Demonstration of community mindedness and values related to Zonta.
- Scholarship benefit: What significant difference will the scholarship make to your completing your studies?
Your application will not be considered for this scholarship if you have not completed all these sections of the online application, including providing a referee report.
The scholarship is valued at $2,000, paid as a lump sum directly into your nominated bank account.
Payment is made after census date in the trimester the scholarship is awarded on confirmation of meeting the eligibility criteria.
Payment is made subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
The Zonta Club of Brisbane, founded in 1971, was the inaugural Zonta Club in Queensland. It is affiliated with Zonta International, the leading global organization of executives and professionals working together to empower and advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy.
The Zonta Club of Brisbane has offered an annual scholarship at Griffith University Logan campus since 2013. The scholarship recognises the esteem in which Leneen Forde AC is held within Zonta Club of Brisbane as well as her legacy to Zonta and her contribution to Griffith University Logan Campus through the creation “The Leneen Forde Zonta Scholarship”
- Be prepared to attend an interview.
- Be prepared to attend the Zonta Club of Brisbane dinner meeting. Date, time and venue will be advised later directly from the Zonta Club of Brisbane. At the meeting, the recipient will receive their certificates, as well the opportunity to provide a few minutes introduction about themselves, their ambitions and their proposed use for bursary monies.
- The recipient will need to consent to their images being used in future Zonta Club of Brisbane promotional material and to their contact details, personal email and phone number, being kept on file by The Zonta Club of Brisbane.
Applications, including referee reports, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applications submitted by the closing date, meeting the eligibility criteria, may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.