It is important to understand that being enrolled in units via OUA does not mean you are automatically in a degree program or that you will be eligible to graduate.
Undergraduate students are required to register with Griffith University for their degree by completing a study plan registration and paying the required fee (non-refundable $150). You should register no later than the completion of 6 to 10 units in order to obtain advice and guidance on degree requirements.
Note: If you have accepted a Commonwealth Supported Place (HECS-HELP), you are exempt from paying the registration fee.
Griffith University offers a number of undergraduate qualifications that can be completed entirely through Open Universities Australia.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Communications
- Griffith CSP On Campus to Online
The degree will normally be of three years duration for full-time students. Prior to 2016 part-time students may take up to 10 years to accumulate subjects towards the degree. However, students commencing from 2016 onward will have eight years to accumulate subjects towards the degree.
Griffith University offers the following postgraduate qualifications that can be completed through Open Universities Australia.
- Graduate Certificate in Asia Pacific Business Management
- Graduate Certificate in Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Graduate Certificate in Employment Relations
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic Mental Health
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate in Literary Classics
- Graduate Certificate in Middle Years Education
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Legal Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Coaching
- Graduate Certificate in World Historical Studies
- Master of Communication
- Master of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Master of Forensic Mental Health
- Master of Employment Relations
Approval to undertake postgraduate study must be granted by Griffith University before enrolling in any courses through Open Universities Australia.
Once approval has been granted, enrol in units under the award you were approved to study. Enrolling in units outside your approved award will not result in automatic acceptance in another award.
Postgraduate OUA units will align with Griffith trimester dates from Study session 1, 2019. Please see the study dates below:
- 2019 Study session 1: 25 February–24 May
- 2019 Study session 2: 08 July–04 October
- 2019 Study session 3: 28 October 2019–31 January 2020
Academic credit / recognition for prior learning
You may lodge a credit for prior learning application form upon submission of your Study Plan Registration.
Credit is assessed in accordance with the Credit and Recognition of Prior Learning Policy ( PDF 276k).
For information about credit, how to apply and to access the online application, please refer to Credit transfer.
Application forms and any documentary evidence must be submitted online.
Revised study plans
If you wish to adjust or even completely change your study plan then you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
There are many reasons why you may wish to change your degree structure:
- you may have received credit from previous tertiary study
- new units may become available
- units may be removed or replaced.
You may wish to change:
- majors or minors
- your electives to suit differing needs or interests.