About the service
Audio-visual services covers the design, installation, management and support of audio-visual equipment in theatres, seminar, tutorial, meeting and function rooms.
Audio-visual services also covers training and loans of equipment.
This service is for
- Griffith University staff
- authorised guests
- off-campus Griffith Health facilities including Toowoomba, Warwick, Kingaroy and Stanthorpe.
What to expect
- Remote and onsite technical support for authorised audio-visual equipment.
- Training to effectively operate and use the equipment.
- Short assists: a scheduled 15-minute session with a technician.
- Long assists: on-site assistance from a technician for an extended session.
- Equipment tailored to event requirements and on-site technical support.
- Event recording and live streaming.
- Online equipment loans.
- Delivery and setting up loan equipment.
- Internet access for guests.
- Facility bookings for Griffith University Theatre and Seminar Rooms.
- Purchase and installation of authorised audio-visual equipment and consumables.
- Technical advice on audio-visual solutions.
- Connectivity and support for non-compatible hardware types and non-Griffith devices.
- Hiring audio visual equipment for non-Griffith University use.
On-site campus support is available during the audio visual hours of operation.
Telephone support is available during Service Centre hours of operation.
Off-site support for Griffith University events or functions is available by prior arrangement.
There are no costs for the provision of support for videoconferencing and audio visual services in school and common use spaces, or for internal Griffith events.
Video-conferencing and audio-visual support for external organisations on Griffith campuses can be provided, at a cost.
External vendor costs for purchase and installation of new audio-visual facilities are passed on to the requesting school or element.
For general enquiries, technical support or to book a long or short assist, call the IT Service Centre:
For onsite assistance during teaching, contact the priority service:
We are very interested in hearing what you think of our services