About the service
Technical support and service for all issues related to the operation of your Desktop, Laptop and Macintosh computer, iPad, and peripheral devices connected to your computer.
This service is available to
All Griffith University staff in libraries, teaching and common use spaces, school laboratories and general offices.
What can I expect?
- Technical support for your desktop software and hardware (including printers), when you are having issues
- Custom image configurations for libraries, teaching and common use and school laboratories
- Re-imaging of computers to restore default configurations
- User-specific configurations of Windows/Macintosh/Linux computing environment to enable connectivity to services
- Routine maintenance services including patches, fixes, virus updates, BIOS updates to ensure compatibility with Griffith University applications
- File Recovery at best efforts
- Virus, spyware and malware scanning and removal
- Support for computers located in the Red Zone
- Home support for Griffith University Executive members
- Relocation of computer equipment
- Other technical troubleshooting where necessary
- Support for non-Griffith University Hardware or Products
- Training on Desktop Applications
- Large or complex relocation of equipment
This service can be initiated through IT Self-Service or by calling the IT Service Centre.
Onsite support is available - Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
There is no cost associated with the use of this service.
How do I get this service?
We are very interested in hearing what you think of our services