About this service
The Project Management Office undertakes the central coordination and delivery of projects approved and funded under the University-wide Electronic Infrastructure Capital Plan (EICP).
This service includes:
- portfolio management
- program and project management
This service is for
- Academic staff
- professional staff
What to expect
Project Services will guide you through the Griffith University electronic infrastructure project process, provide financial and status reporting, and project delivery support.
- Electronic Infrastructure Capital Plan management
- project cash flow management
- project resource planning and recruitment
- production of University-level reporting
- managing inter-project and inter-portfolio issues and dependencies
Programme and project management
Programme and project management staff can facilitate business transformation, from constructing your bid, through to solution definition, project delivery and post implementation review.
- IT project delivery, including management of budget, staff, schedule, quality and risk
- project scoping
- business analysis
- change management
- Project and Programme Board reporting
Client service staff are available 9am to 5pm business days.
There are no direct internal costs associated with this service.
Activities undertaken as part of an Electronic Infrastructure Capital Plan (EICP) project will be costed back to that project via a time sheeting system. External costs will be passed through to the project.