Open Universities Australia (OUA)

Find out how to Apply for credit

Use the Credit Precedent Database to search for precedents where Griffith has awarded credit for previous OUA study.

Search by institution

Name of the previous Australian institution (enter part of the name - eg. 'Technology', 'Queensland')

Search by course code

Enter part of the course code

Students enrolled in a Griffith University OUA degree

Students studying in a Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate program offered through Open Universities Australia (OUA) may lodge an Online Credit Application when either:

  • an offer of admission to a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) in a Griffith University undergraduate degree has been made; or
  • entry into a Griffith University postgraduate degree has been approved.

If relevant precedents do not exist for your previous studies, you will need to supply:

  • official academic records including an explanation of grades; and
  • course outlines published by the institution explaining the structure of the course including level of study, contact hours, topics covered, duration of the course, methods of assessment and textbooks used.

The amount of credit you may receive depends on the amount and type of study you have completed.

Students enrolled in Griffith non-award studies which are part of a Griffith OUA degree

If you are completing Griffith non-award studies which are part of the structure of a Griffith University program offered through OUA, you may lodge an Online Credit Application at the time of lodging a Degree Registration form with Griffith OUA Services.

Students enrolled in a Griffith degree undertaking individual Griffith OUA units

If you are completing individual Griffith OUA non-award units, you can request that your OUA units be transferred into your Griffith degree by emailing credit ensuring you advise your GU ID and program of enrolment.

Credit awarded

Applications for credit may be lodged at any time. However, an application for credit will not be accepted for a course(s) a student is enrolled in, if the census date has already passed. They should normally be lodged no later than 4 weeks prior to the close of enrolments at OUA to guarantee a decision prior to the start of a Study Period/Session. Please note this is different to the dates applicable to students enrolled directly with Griffith University.

If you are a CSP student, once your application has been processed, you will be able to view your award of credit on a Transfer Credit Report or your Unofficial Transcript on the myGriffith. You will be notified via your Griffith student email address and 'Track my credit application' via the Online Credit Application.

Postgraduate and non-award undergraduate students will receive a Notification of Credit Transfer and credit will be applied to their record at time of graduation.

Applications for admission into a Commonwealth Supported Place are administered by OUA. Please refer to OUA to see if you are eligible.