Enhance your knowledge and professional development
Disability awareness is an important part of establishing inclusion for people with disability and an essential part of the University's strategic intent for both staff and students within the Griffith community.
ONLINE DISABILITY AWARENESS TRAINING
- For current students this program will enhance your preparation for work-integrated learning; work in existing part-time or volunteer roles; and demonstrating Griffith Graduate Attributes
- For current staff this program will enhance staff capacity by preparing incoming staff through induction training (on-boarding) and building capacity in existing staff around how to embed inclusive practices in all spheres of the organisation.
Once you have completed the online Disability Awareness Training program you might want to discuss how to support students with a disability or health condition within your particular Element or Group or how to apply reasonable adjustments to a particular learning setting or activity.
Professional and Academic staff are encouraged to attend these customised sessions to learn more.
Staff can attend sessions advertised through the HR Learning and Development catalogue or request a customised session for staff in your Group or Element.
Common topics include:
- supporting students in labs or fieldwork
- supporting students in work-integrated learning and placements
- supporting students in the classroom
- developing accessible resources