The objective of this scholarship is to assist students to undertake university honours studies at the Gold Coast. To be eligible, you need to be commencing in Trimester 1 2021 in an approved health-related program listed below.
Maximum value is $3,000 paid in instalments (pro-rata payment for part-time enrolment) paid directly onto the recipient’s Student Contribution Charges.
Apply by: 12pm Friday 26 March 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be commencing study in Trimester 1 2021 in one of the following programs at Griffith University’s Gold Coast campus:
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (2100)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) (2101)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours) (2099)
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours) (2116)
- Honours year of the Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) Accelerated (1358)
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Tertiary Education History and Program Preference (commencing students)
- Program Details (continuing students)
- Leadership and community: Relevant personal achievements or awards received
- Referee report: Referee reports commenting on your suitability for the Honours program
- Personal statements:
- Experiences: Personal statement outlining, in chronological order, all personal achievements. Include any competitions entered, detailing the name of each competition and your placing
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please us only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting Documentation
- Resume of your academic record and tertiary level
- Personal achievements or awards received
Maximum value is $3,000, paid in instalments. Full-time students will receive instalments of $1,500 in trimester 1 and 2 over one year, and part-time students will receive instalments of $750 in trimester 1 and 2 over two years, provided conditions are met, and made as payment toward your Student Contribution Charges (CSP/HECS)
Contributions to your Student Contribution Charges (HECS)/tuition fees are made prior to census date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled at Griffith University in the program for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain a minimum GPA of 6 for the duration of the scholarship benefit.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including referee reports and any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.