How much notice do I need to provide when applying to hire a University space?

Room booking applications should be submitted via the online form at least 15 working days in advance of your function/event.

When will I be notified that my application has been processed?

You will be notified within three working days of submitting your booking request of the status of your application.

Can I make multiple bookings?

You can book multiple rooms for one day or you can book the same venue for multiple occasions.

How do I cancel/change my room booking?

Advice about how to notify any changes/cancellations to your booking will be provided in the confirmation email you receive at the time of booking.

Will I be charged for booking a room?

Yes, please refer to the room hire fees table. Room hire fees must be paid at least 10 working days in advance of your event. Cancellations will need to be notified at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled booking date at which point your hire fee will be refunded, less $50 administration fee. Fees will be non-refundable for cancellations with less than 48 hours’ notice.

Where can I find the building locations?

Where can I find pictures of the rooms?

See photo examples of the types of rooms available via our SpaceAid application.

Will the room be open for my booking?

The room should be open for your use provided your booking has been confirmed. If the room is locked, or you have any other concerns, please contact Griffith Security and make sure you have your booking details available.

Can the furniture configuration in a room be changed?

Room layout can be modified but all furniture must be retained in the room and returned to its original state at the completion of your booking.

Is food allowed in rooms?

No food is permitted in lecture theatres/teaching rooms. However, catering is allowed in most meeting rooms and foyers outside of teaching venues. Please read the Conditions of Campus Site Licence for more details regarding the serving of refreshments, including alcohol.

Campus Site Licence