Enjoy the benefits to living on campus
Living on campus, you’ll be close to lectures, labs, libraries and other campus facilities. You'll have an active social life, and build strong foundations for their future while making memories and lifelong friends, all while living in a picturesque bushland setting with walking tracks.
- Live conveniently close to your lectures and Uni services
- Hundreds of planned social activities, study support and 24/7 pastoral support and care
- Easy access to public transport, close to major shopping centres and Brisbane CBD
- Meet new people from a range of cultures and backgrounds
- A safe and secure environment with Security on campus, 24 hours a day
- You must register an account to apply for accommodation
- Once registered, log in to the Accommodation Portal following one of the buttons below
- Select the New Student Application and complete the online application form
- Pay the $55 application fee via GriffithPay
- Once your application and academic status has been confirmed, you will receive an email with notice to log back in and view your accommodation offer.
Facilities and services
The multipurpose common rooms provide places you can read, study, watch TV and relax. There are more kitchen facilities within the common rooms and also outdoor barbecue areas.
Internet and phone
Griffith's libraries and computer labs have internet access and Wi-Fi is available on campus. Free Wi-Fi is provided to all residents living at Nathan and Mt Gravatt Campuses through an external provider.
Complimentary laundry facilities, including front-loading washing machines and clothes dryers are available for your convenience. You only need to supply your own detergent.
Parking on campus requires a parking permit or casual parking payment. Nathan residents also have access to a limited number of off-street parking bays. To access this car park and all General parking zones on campus, a Trimester or Annual parking permit should be purchased.
Living on campus, you will receive a discount on premium gym membership.
Residential management and support
All residential college members are provided with 24 hour-pastoral care to ensure they have someone to contact at all times.
Griffith University has 24-hour on-site security to assist with enquiries and provide safety on campus.
There is a wide variety of food outlets across Nathan and Mt Gravatt campuses providing a convenient range of food options including Vietnamese, Indian, pizza, sandwiches and much more. Food outlets, including opening times and sample menus, can be found on the Shops website.
You can make the most of the local cafes and restaurants operating in close proximity to Mt Gravatt and Nathan campuses. Short bus rides will find you at Garden City Shopping Centre or Sunnybank Plaza Shopping Centre where there are a large range of food outlets and supermarkets. Brisbane City is also a short bus ride away and takes only 18 minutes from the Griffith Busway station.
Can food be delivered to campus?
Absolutely! From fresh deliveries by Coles supermarket to online delivery services (such as Uber-Eats), you can make arrangements to have groceries or take away meals delivered to campus for even more variety and convenience.
The Community Standards has all the information you need to get started living on campus.