Enjoy the benefits to living on campus

Living on campus, you’ll be close to lectures, labs, libraries and other campus facilities. You'll have an active social life, and build strong foundations for their future while making memories and lifelong friends, all while living in a picturesque bushland setting with walking tracks.

  • Live conveniently close to your lectures and Uni services
  • Hundreds of planned social activities, study support and 24/7 pastoral support and care
  • Easy access to public transport, close to major shopping centres and Brisbane CBD
  • Meet new people from a range of cultures and backgrounds
  • A safe and secure environment with Security on campus, 24 hours a day

Gold Coast Campus Living

Gold Coast on-campus accommodation

Facilities and services

Common areas

The multipurpose common rooms provide places you can read, study, watch TV and relax. There are more kitchen facilities within the common rooms and also outdoor barbecue areas.

Internet and phone

Griffith's libraries and computer labs have internet access and Wi-Fi is available on campus. Free Wi-Fi is provided to all residents living at Nathan and Mt Gravatt Campuses through an external provider.

Laundry facilities

Complimentary laundry facilities, including front-loading washing machines and clothes dryers are available for your convenience. You only need to supply your own detergent.


Parking requires a virtual permit or casual parking payment. Nathan campus colleges have a gated off-street car park with limited spaces which you can have access to with the purchase of a residential permit. Residential permits are available on a trimester by trimester basis only.


Living on campus, you will receive a discount on premium gym membership.

Residential management and support

All residential college members are provided with 24 hour-pastoral care to ensure they have someone to contact at all times.


Griffith University has 24-hour on-site security to assist with enquiries and provide safety on campus.

To apply

  1. You must register an account to apply for accommodation
  2. Once registered, log in to the Accommodation Portal following one of the buttons below
  3. Select the New Student Application and complete the online application form
  4. Pay the $55 application fee via GriffithPay
  5. Once your application and academic status has been confirmed, you will receive an email with notice to log back in and view your accommodation offer.

Residential Colleges Handbook

The Residential Colleges Handbook has all the information you need to get started living on campus.

Food options

On campus

There is a wide variety of food outlets across Nathan and Mt Gravatt campuses providing a convenient range of food options including Vietnamese, Indian, pizza, sandwiches and much more. Food outlets, including opening times and sample menus, can be found on the Shops website.


Off campus

You can make the most of the local cafes and restaurants operating in close proximity to Mt Gravatt and Nathan campuses. Short bus rides will find you at Garden City Shopping Centre or Sunnybank Plaza Shopping Centre where there are a large range of food outlets and supermarkets. Brisbane City is also a short bus ride away and takes only 18 minutes from the Griffith Busway station.

Can food be delivered to campus?

Absolutely! From fresh deliveries by Coles supermarket to online delivery services (such as Uber-Eats), you can make arrangements to have groceries or take away meals delivered to campus for even more variety and convenience.

Frequently asked questions

I want to apply but don't know my username
If you are a Griffith student, you can use your student ID. If you are not a current Griffith student, register online at the accommodation portal using your email address and a password nominated by yourself. If you can't remember your login details, please contact us.
Once I apply, am I guaranteed a place on campus in my preferred college?
We do our best to accommodate our applicants. However, demand for on-campus accommodation is high and some may not receive their top preference.
When should I apply?
Apply as soon as possible, or around September for the following year. You can apply for accommodation before receiving an offer from QTAC. Places are offered based on application dates and if we don't have a place for you, we'll add you to a waitlist until we have a room to offer you.
Who can live on campus?
Students undertaking tertiary studies at Griffith University are eligible to live on campus.
Can I live on college even if I'm studying at another university?
No. Unfortunately, at this stage we are no longer taking students studying at other institutions.
Do you offer short-term accommodation?
Yes, subject to availability. Please contact us for further information.

How do I accept my offer
Once your application has been assessed, you will receive an email to log in to the accommodation portal to view and accept your accommodation offer. Terms and conditions of college accommodation include confirmation of an academic place and enrolment.
What's the duration of my room offer?
We offer a range of accommodation offers at the Nathan and Mt Gravatt campuses, to meet the needs of trimester studies.
How much do I need to pay?
To confirm your place at college, you must make a confirmation payment followed by a six-week rental advance, as per your fee schedule included in your offer.
What is the Capital and Development Levy?
An annual fee for college members for facilities and grounds maintenance. This fee is separate to your rental charges.
What is the Residential Life Levy?
This levy covers the costs of activities, events and seminars held at your college.
Is there a bond?
No, but we do require a confirmation payment and you are required to stay six weeks ahead of your rent at all times.
What happens if I move out of college?
You must provide four weeks' notice by completing a Notice to Terminate Residency Form at the Accommodation Office. There is also a $330 early termination fee if you cancel ahead of your accommodation contract.

What room will I be allocated?
Within our co-educational accommodation areas, we aim to have equal numbers of males and females, as well as a mix of nationalities. As there are many changes and requests leading up to the start of university, there may be changes to your preferences but you are guaranteed your accommodation.
Can I change rooms?
You can apply to change rooms. Your request is subject to room availability and management approval. There is a $55 charge for changing rooms.
Can my partner live with me?
Spouses, partners, boyfriends or girlfriends can apply for accommodation as long as they are Griffith students. Couples will be provided with individual rooms, however you can request to be allocated rooms in the same flat. We can't guarantee we can fulfil all requests, but we'll do our best to accommodate you.
Does my room have internet access?
Yes, you will have free WiFi internet connection.
Do I provide my own linen?
Yes. Alternatively, you can purchase a linen kit from us for $110 when accepting your offer.
Does my room get cleaned?
No, you must keep your room clean. Self-contained flat accommodation runs a fortnightly cleaning inspection with each member of the flat working together in completing the cleaning tasks of all the common areas. Common areas in the dormitory accommodation are cleaned by the housekeeping team.
What size are the beds?
All beds are king single

Do I have to vacate my room during holidays?
If you are not staying over summer, you will be required to check out of your room. Some buildings are closed for the summer break, however we do have rooms available for students if required.
What happens if I want to go home for the holidays?
You'll need to contact your Residential Advisor to let them know you are leaving for the holidays. Please note you are still required to pay for your room within the offer dates. Check your offer or ask us to see what dates are included in your offer.
Is there a curfew?
No. You are issued with a key to your room and security card access to your building's front door, and you can access these 24 hours a day.
Can I get a meal if I'm at uni until late?
There are Griffith University food outlets open for extended hours, into early evening and on weekends. Check the Griffith Food website for participating outlets and times.
Are special dietary requirements catered for?
Yes, special dietary needs are accommodated throughout our food establishments. Please contact Griffith Food for more information..
Can I have visitors in my room?
Yes, you may have visitors for up to two consecutive nights. If you wish to host a visitor for longer, you should seek approval prior to their arrival. For short periods or in exceptional circumstances, you may be allowed a visitor in your room for a nominal charge per night. If your visitor wishes to stay for an extended period, they will be required to book a vacant room and pay the appropriate daily rate.
What about security?
Security phones have been installed on all campuses to improve security and safety. These phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

What about parking?
Parking at all Griffith campuses is via permit or casual parking payment. There are a limited number of parking permits issued each year, so if you're living on college and have a car it's recommended you purchase a permit as early as possible.


Contact us

If you have any queries regarding your application or any general questions please contact us