We are Australia’s largest research facility focused on all aspects of cities and urbanisation
We conduct quality research in collaboration with government, industry and community that aims to address the complex issues cities face throughout Australasia. In short, we do research that helps make cities better places.
Incorporating the Griffith Centre for Coastal Management, our expertise spans a range of academic disciplines, bringing to bear a strong multidisciplinary research capacity ready to understand and meet urban challenges.
Griffith University Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme
The University may shortly be opening applications for the Griffith University Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme (see Internal grants). There still remain uncertainties as to what form the scheme might take and its timings. Despite the current uncertainty, the Cities Research Institute wishes to select a preferred candidate in advance to position ourselves should the scheme soon open for applications.
This year we are only accepting expressions of interest from individuals seeking to pursue a research program in the field of urban transport planning, to help further the ambitions of the Institute's high-performing transport research group. Our transport team is currently ranked in the top-150 in the world in the latest Shanghai Rankings.
Applicants must be early career researchers who preferably obtained their doctorate no later than 2018.
Applicants should have:
- excellent command of geospatial analysis and transportation datasets;
- understandings of key debates and issues in transport policy and planning;
- a strong publication track record in transport research including in top-tier journals;
- demonstrated evidence of industry engagement (government and private sector);
- proven ability to secure research income;
- evidence of international collaborations;
- evidence of HDR student recruitment and supervision; and,
- be strong candidates for externally-funded research grants in the near future, such as the Advance Queensland Research Fellowships and the ARC Discovery - Early Career Research Awards.
Aussie suburbs with jobs in the red under COVID-19
28 Apr 2020
Researchers at Griffith University and University of Newcastle have mapped the Australian suburbs...
Safe as Houses: COVID-19 underlines Australia’s housing need
16 Apr 2020
Public debate has erupted along the fault lines of housing, exposing an acute pre-pandemic problem...
1 million rides and counting: on-demand services bring public transport to the...
12 Mar 2020
Griffith researcher says the technology-driven revolution in urban transport has completely missed...
Griffith researchers join RACE for clean energy
09 Mar 2020
RACE for 2030 CRC to drive the development of stable and economically viable clean energy...