WOW academics have a high publication output, including books and journal articles
Our researchers author, edit and contribute to a range of academic books, journal articles and industry reports related to work and organisational wellbeing. Recent book publications are included below. A full list of our academic publications can be found at Griffith Experts and Griffith Research Online.
Recent industry reports
- Project: "Employee Engagement: What You Might be Missing AND Employee Total Productive Contribution: A Powerful Source of Competitive Advantage" - Report (PDF 774 KB)
- Project: "Improving People Management in Emergency Services" - Report (PDF 2.1MB)
- Project: "Taking the Pulse at Work: Employer-employee relations and workplace problems in Australia compared to the United States" - Report (PDF 2.9MB)
- Project: "Developing the Tourism Workforce of the Future in the APEC region" - Report (PDF 3.8MB)
- Project: "Gender Equity in Australian Universities" - Report (PDF 1.6MB)
- Project: “Protecting Whilst They Prosper? Organisational Responses to Whistleblowing” - Survey of Organisational Processes and Procedures Report
- Project: "Work and Careers in Australian Universities" - Main Report (PDF 1.3MB) || Executive Summary (PDF 432KB)
- Project: "The Relationship Between Working Arrangements and Wellbeing in Regional Coal-Mining Communities". Executive Summary: First Phase Report (PDF 353KB) || First Phase Report (no. 1) (PDF 1.64MB) || First Phase Report (no. 2) (PDF 846KB)
Recent book publications
|Wilkinson, A., Bacon, N., Snell, S., & Lepak, D. (eds) - The SAGE Handbook of Human Resource Management (2019), SAGE.||Bowden, B., & McMurray, A. (eds) - The Palgrave Handbook of Management History (2019), Palgrave Macmillan.|
Booysen, L.A.E., Bendl, R., & Pringle, J.K. (eds) - Handbook of Research Methods on Diversity Management, Equality and Inclusion at Work (2018), Edward Elgar.
Bowden, B. - Work, Wealth and Postmodernism: The Intellectual Conflict at the Heart of Business Endeavour (2018), The Palgrave Macmillan.
Brough, P. (ed) - Advanced Research Methods for Applied Psychology: Design, analysis, and reporting (2018), Routledge.
Lindebaum, D., Geddes, D., & Jordan, P. J. - Social Functions of Emotion and Talking about Emotion at Work (2018), Edward Elgar.
Thite, M. - E-HRM: Digital Approaches, Directions & Applications (2018), Routledge.
Townsend, K., & Saunders, M. N. (eds) - How to Keep your Research Project on Track: Insights from when things go wrong (2018), Edward Elgar.
Wilkinson, A., Dundon, T., Donaghey, J., & Colvin, A. (eds) - The Routledge Companion to Employment Relations (2018), Routledge.
|Cumming, D., Wood, G., Filatotchev, I. and Reinecke, J. (eds) – The Oxford Handbook of Sovereign Wealth Funds (2017), Oxford University Press.||Broadbent, K., Strachan, G. and Healy, G. (eds) – Gender and the Professions: International and Contemporary Perspectives (2017), Routledge.|
Dundon, T., Cullinane, N. and Wilkinson, A. – A Very Short, Fairly Interesting and Reasonably Cheap Book About Employment Relations (2017), Sage.
Wilkinson, A., Armstrong, S.J. and Lounsbury, M. (eds) – The Oxford Handbook of Management (2017), Oxford University Press.
Barry, M., Skinner, J. and Engelberg, T. (eds) – Research Handbook of Employment Relations in Sport (2016), Edward Elgar.
Glendon, A.I. and Clarke, S. – Human Safety and Risk Management: A Psychological Perspective, 3rd edition (2016), Edward Elgar.
Johnstone, S. and Wilkinson, A. (eds) – Developing Positive Employment Relations: International Experiences of Labour Management Partnership (2016), Springer.
Thite, M., Wilkinson, A. and Budhwar, P. (eds) – Emerging Indian Multinationals: Strategic Players in a Multipolar World (2016), Oxford University Press.
Townsend, K., Loudoun, R. and Lewin, D. (eds) – Handbook of Qualitative Research Methods on Human Resource Management: Innovative Techniques (2016), Edward Elgar.
|Wilkinson, A., Hislop, D. and Coupland, C. (eds) - Perspectives on Contemporary Professional Work: Challenges and Experiences (2016), Edward Elgar.|
Wilkinson, A. and Johnstone, S. (eds) – Encyclopedia of Human Resource Management (2016), Edward Elgar.
Bowden, B. and Lamont, D. (eds) – Management History: Its Global Past and Present (2015), Information Age Publishing.
Brough, P., Brown, J.M. and Biggs, A. – Improving Criminal Justice Workplaces: Translating Theory and Research into Evidence-Based Practice (2015), Routledge.
Wilkinson, A., Townsend, K. and Suder, G. (eds) - Handbook of Research on Managing Managers (2015), Edward Elgar.