Increase your experience by becoming a part of our dynamic team of dedicated volunteers.
Learn how a gallery operates, meet industry professionals and find out more about local, national and international artists. You'll have the opportunity to become involved in a range of volunteering roles including gallery attendance, installing and de-installation, opening and closing events and more.
- Greeting gallery visitors in an enthusiastic and friendly manner to ensure a consistent first-rate experience for the gallery visitors and to encourage them to return.
- Responding to general enquiries about the exhibition and the gallery space. Most of this information can be found in the gallery information booklets or the catalogues. If there is an important question you are unable to answer, you can contact the QCA Galleries Coordinator.
- Being responsible for the safety of the artworks and gallery visitors by enforcing the exhibition regulations. This includes ensuring that the visitors do not mistreat the artworks in any manner.
- Encouraging visitors to sign up for the mailing list and informing them about the exhibition catalogue.
All volunteers are required to complete the online ‘Health and Safety Induction’ module and send the completed documents to the QCA Galleries Coordinator before volunteering. You must also read and understand the volunteer induction information located in the gallery booklet before your shift.
Neat, smart casual appearance.
If you are unable to attend your nominated shift, you are required to contact the exhibiting artist or the QCA Galleries Coordinator via email giving at least 24 hours notice.
Apply to volunteer with QCA Galleries
If you're interested in this exciting and fun opportunity and want to get involved, send the QCA Galleries Coordinator an email at email@example.com with the following information:
- Student Status (eg. 3rd year fine art)
- Contact information (Email and phone number)
- Area of interest (install or gallery attendance)
The QCA Galleries Coordinator will contact you and inform you whether your application to volunteer has been successful.