Exhibiting with QCA Galleries
Applications to exhibit with QCA Galleries are accepted only twice per year, in March and September. Priority will be given to Queensland College of Art students, however there are some opportunities for external exhibitors.
Applications are currently closed.
QCA Galleries application process
Before submitting your application for QCA Galleries, please read through the Terms and Conditions very carefully.
All proposals for the Galleries are submitted online to the QCA Galleries Coordinator. Proposals are assessed by the QCA Galleries Committee, and all applicants are notified of the result within three weeks of applications closing. The length of exhibitions proposed to QCA Galleries must be a minimum of two weeks.
When submitting your application online, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Proposed exhibition title
- Names of exhibiting artists
- Preferred gallery/venue
- Preferred exhibition dates (two weeks minimum)
- Artist statement
- Exhibition description
- Exhibition outcomes
- Artist CV for all artists
- Maximum 3 examples of your work
- Although not compulsory, it is recommended that applicants nominate a curator and/or writer for their exhibition.
Due to the high demand for the use of the Galleries, we are unable to accept all applications, and as such, exhibiting with QCA Galleries is a competitive process. Should you be successful in your application, we will endeavour to meet your requested dates and venue, but please be aware that this is not always possible.
All correspondence regarding application outcomes will occur via email, so please ensure you apply with an address that can guarantee we will be able to reach you.
External Exhibitors: $550 non-refundable fee
QCA Staff and Students: $50 non-refundable administration fee, plus $500 Hire Bond
Examination Assessment: $50 non-refundable administration fee
QCA Galleries will provide:
- Lighting assistance
- Tool kit, including touch up paint and filler
- Vinyl wall text and didactics
- RSA staff for exhibition openings.
- Invitation and online marketing/promotion via social media and mailing lists.
Responsibilities of the hirer
- Exhibition installation and de-installation.
- Catering for all public program events, including the opening event.
- Hirers must staff their exhibition for the full duration of the exhibition. QCA Galleries can assist with the allocation of volunteers.
- Invitation printing and other promotion and marketing of their exhibitions.
Other useful information
- Risk assessment form
- Application to supply or consume liquor
- Volunteer information
- QCA Galleries Terms and Conditions
Safety at Griffith University
You have a responsibility to yourself and others to undertake your activities at Griffith in safe manner.
Your exhibition will be promoted via PDF invitations, using a Griffith University approved template. QCA Galleries will distribute your invitation by email and social media.
You may also elect to print and distribute hard copies of your invitation. Printing, postage and mailing lists and associated costs are the responsibility of the exhibiting artist. Should you wish to print your invitation, QCA Galleries will provide you with print-ready files.
Prices for printing DL invitations through Liveworm*:
- 100 – $95
- 200 – $115
- 300 – $135
- 400 – $156
- 500 – $175
*(prices are ex. GST and are current as of March 2017).