Further your skills and prospects through postgraduate study
We have an extensive, professional and renowned postgraduate program at the Queensland College of Art.
Postgraduate programs include:
Queensland College of Art postgraduate options
- Master of Design Futures
- Graduate Diploma of Design Futures (exit point only)
- Master of Arts in Visual Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Interactive Media
- Master of Interactive Media
Griffith Film School postgraduate options
- Graduate Certificate in Screen Production
- Graduate Diploma of Screen Production
- Master of Screen Production
Research Higher Degree programs
- Master of Visual Arts (MVA)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Visual Arts (DVA)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Philosophy - by Publication
A project proposal may be required to gain entry into some QCA postgraduate coursework programs, addressing what you want to research, why it is worth researching, how it will be done, time frame and feasibility.
You may also be required to provide referee reports submitted directly to Griffith University by the referees.
A folio is required to gain entry into all QCA postgraduate course and research programs, with a few exceptions.
Selecting a supervisor
In some cases, you may be aware of QCA staff suitable to supervise your study; in other cases we will allocate supervisors. When considering an appropriate supervisor, ask yourself:
- Is this person well acquainted with the topic of the research?
- Does the person have an active interest in the proposed area of research?
- Is this person's working style compatible with completion of an independent piece of research in a short time frame?
- Is the person available for the entire supervisory period?
For staff profiles please visit the QCA staff page.
International students should contact the International Office before considering postgraduate study.
Postgraduate closing dates
Applications for all QCA Griffith University postgraduate and research programs are accepted all year round. However, as there are cut-off dates for each semester intake, we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to allow enough time for process and for international students to arrange student visas.
If you're interested in applying for a postgraduate program at QCA, we suggest that you attend an Open Day, which is scheduled in July/August each year. Please visit the Open Day website for further information.