Wake up in a city that never sleeps.
New York City is the home of contemporary photography. This trip gives students an insight into contemporary imagery as well as the international photographic community.
It is intended that students will visit large institutions like the International Centre of Photography, MoMA, the MET, the New Museum and PS1 and smaller organizations like Magnum, VII and the commercial gallery precinct as well as art colleges like Parsons and PRATT. The trip will also coincide with the photography festival Photoville, located in Brooklyn Bridge Park allowing students an opportunity to volunteer on the festival and meet fellow students and practitioners from around the world.
The trip is primarily focused on gaining an understanding of professional photographic practice and an insight into the international photographic community.
- New York City
Length of trip:
2017 dates to be advised.
Credit points awarded:
10 credit points or 20 credit points
Number of participants:
Approximate cost:Cost estimates to be advised.
Your package includes:
- 20 day escorted educational field trip to galleries, institutions, agencies, publications, photographers and festival
- Two QCA staff to conduct trip. Martin Smith, Associate Lecturer Photography and PhD Candidate, and, Amy Carkeek, Associate Lecturer Photography and PhD Candidate
- 10CP or 20CP credit available for projects undertaken.
Air and Transfers
- Return economy flights Brisbane – New York City
- Airport taxes
- 18 nights twin share accommodation in mid-priced Manhattan hotel.
Students should expect to have at least $120.00/day for the 18 days of trip to cover food, subways, museum entry etc. Students need to also consider that the legal drinking age in the USA is 21 years old.