Griffith fosters a culture that is conducive to sustainability. Our 5 campuses have unique site and built environment features.
The University’s Strategic Plan includes a commitment that environmental sustainability be reflected in its building design, as well as its energy, water and waste management practices.Sustainable Initiatives
- Our initiatives focus on biodiversity, sustainable buildings, energy efficiencies, information technology, recycling, purchasing, transport and water conservation.
- Griffith University undertakes a number of activities to meet its legal obligations. This includes preparing items in relation to:
- National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007
- Environmental Protection Act 1994.
- The Sustainable College Living program supports college residents to help keep our environmental impact to a minimum.
- Griffith incorporates sustainable practices in its food and catering services. Patrons receive a discount on coffee refills when they bring their own Griffith mug.