World-class research focused on meeting current and future challenges
Our world-class researchers work in collaboration with industry, government and the community to tackle global challenges.
- Australian Rivers Institute
- Griffith Climate Change Response Program
- Environmental Futures Research Institute
- Centre for Clean Environment and Energy
- Queensland Micro and Nanotechnology Centre
- Cities Research Institute
- Griffith Centre for Coastal Management
Externally supported centres and facilities
Environmental Science at Griffith is largely addressed through the activities of the Environmental Futures Research Institute. The Environmental Futures Centre is trans-disciplinary, diverse in research expertise - combining fundamental, applied and social sciences, solutions oriented and locally active and globally engaged.
Griffith's Australian Rivers Institute is home to more than 120 scientists and research students, making it the largest concentration of university-based water researchers in the country. The Institute plays a leading role in managing water resources with a focus on freshwater, estuarine and urban water.