World-class research focused on meeting current and future challenges
Our world-class researchers work in collaboration with industry, government and the community to tackle global challenges.
Griffith's Climate Action Beacon work uses interdisciplinary research and partnerships with government, business, industry, and communities to develop and implement collective climate action. These unique collaborations provide the best chance of addressing climate change risks and opportunities for all. Our new Research and Innovation Plan 2021-2025 sets the direction for Griffith to be recognised internationally as a university of impact and innovation.
- Australian Rivers Institute
- Griffith Climate Change Response Program
- Griffith Climate Action Beacon
- Environmental Futures Research Institute
- Centre for Clean Environment and Energy
- Queensland Micro and Nanotechnology Centre
- Cities Research Institute
- Griffith Centre for Coastal Management
- Indigenous Research Unit
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Study Centre
- Griffith Institute for Tourism
- Law Futures Centre
- Grifith Centre for Design and Innovation Research
- Griffith Criminology Institute
- Centre for Work, Organisation and Well Being
- Centre for Social and Cultural Research
Externally supported centres and facilities
Environmental Science at Griffith is largely addressed through the activities of the Environmental Futures Research Institute. The Environmental Futures Centre is trans-disciplinary, diverse in research expertise - combining fundamental, applied and social sciences, solutions oriented and locally active and globally engaged.
Griffith's Australian Rivers Institute is home to more than 120 scientists and research students, making it the largest concentration of university-based water researchers in the country. The Institute plays a leading role in managing water resources with a focus on freshwater, estuarine and urban water.