Our sustainability commitment
We are committed to contributing to a robust, equitable and environmentally sustainable society.
Griffith University's sustainability commitment and achievements were recognised by the Green Gown Awards Australasia in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018
Policies, Plans and Reports
- Sustainability Policy (PDF)
- Sustainability Plan 2017–2020 (PDF)
- Sustainable Transport Strategy (PDF)
- Sustainability Plan 2013–2015 (PDF)
- Sustainability Report 2013–2015 (PDF)
- Sustainability Report 2018 (PDF)
- Sustainability Report 2019 (PDF)
- Green Guide for Griffith Laboratories (PDF)
- Guidelines for Safe and Sustainable Procurement of Chemicals (PDF)
- Guidelines for the Management of Clinical and Related Waste (PDF)
- Sustainable Events and Meetings Checklist (PDF)
Sustainability Sub Committee
The Sustainability Sub Committee, chaired by Deputy Vice Chancellor (Engagement) Professor Martin Betts, represents all elements of the University.
Griffith is committed to responsible investments
Griffith University's free cash, other than nominal amounts in operational bank accounts, is invested in either the Queensland Treasury Corporation (QTC) Capital Guaranteed Cash Fund or the Queensland Investment Corporation (QIC) Growth Fund. The QTC Capital Guaranteed Cash Fund invests the majority of its funds in medium-term floating rate notes, discount securities, and cash, in banks and financial institutions. QIC is a signatory to the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) initiative and has adopted a Responsible Investment Policy that outlines its commitment to the principles of the UNPRI.