I'm interested in
My child is interested in
Where would you like to study?
Where would your child like to study?
Professional development and short courses
- We offer a range of professional development courses.
- Find out more
Looking for a career that helps people and creates a better world?
Human services professionals are concerned with improving people's social, economic, personal and communal wellbeing. A number of factors are fuelling current and future demand for more graduates in this area.
- The growing needs of families in our communities means that more workers in this field are essential.
- Australia’s migration intake and increasingly diverse population also increases the demand for trained professionals needed to build stronger communities.
- Due to new funding initiatives, the disability sector workforce needs to double in the next 5 years and qualified human services workers are equipped to fill that requirement.
- Our ageing population is projected to grow at a rate that will outpace the workforce that’s necessary to support it.
You can become a professional in these fields (and many others) by completing a 3-year Bachelor of Human Services or Bachelor of Child and Family Studies.
Study human services at Griffith
Gain a deeper understanding of how to help the community
At Griffith, you'll learn about human services in a personal atmosphere from expert teachers with strong links to the health sector, government and community and get to apply classroom learnings through hands-on practice placements. More reasons to study human services at Griffith:
* Deloitte Access Economics (2016) Forecasting the Future Community Services in Queensland 2025. Community Services Industry Alliance and Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
Griffith Human Services Graduate
A lifelong ambition was realised for Tammie Usher when she travelled to Bangalore as part of a Griffith University study trip involving human services and social work students. The Gateway to India project focused on social justice and community development in some of the city's poorest areas. 'I've come to university wanting a better life for me and my family. I've always had that passion for a better life, but now I want a career, not just a job. I know I'm on the right track.' Everybody has a right to be somebody. Everybody has a right to go somewhere in life.
|Bachelor of Child and Family Studies||Gold Coast
|Bachelor of Human Services||Logan
|Bachelor of Human Services||Gold Coast
|Bachelor of Social Work||Logan
|Bachelor of Social Work||Gold Coast
|Graduate Certificate in Disability Inclusion||Online
|Graduate Certificate in Human Services||Online
|Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Practice||Online
|Master of Human Services||Other
|Master of Mental Health Practice||Other
|Master of Social Work||Logan
|Master of Social Work||Gold Coast
Expand your qualifications and your career options with our range of double degrees. As a double degree graduate, you’ll have a special skill set that will help you stand out with future employers.
|Double Degrees||Campus||OP rank|
|Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice||Gold Coast
|Bachelor of Psychological Science/Master of Mental Health Practice||Gold Coast
|Master of Social Work/Master of Mental Health Practice||Other
It is important to check the degree requirements including placement requirements, before you apply.
Jobs await in a variety of public and private sector areas
Our graduates enter the workforce as in-demand professionals with the vision and enthusiasm to make a difference in the lives of children, families and communities
There's a wide range of fulfilling careers open to you in human services, including:
- Working with children and seniors
- Working with people with disabilities, and from different cultures
- Working in community and government agencies
- Working in rural and urban settings
- Community centres
- Family support
- Mental health services/support worker
- Policy development and research
- Rehabilitation services
- Welfare and community planning
- Women's services and youth work
- Employment consultancy
- Human resources
30 Nov 2018
Health students design cookbook to make food easier to swallow
29 Nov 2018
Griffith shares in $5 million for ground-breaking stroke research
Saturday 16 December — Thursday 21 December
Know Your Options - Online
Chat online with our expert study advisers after you have received your entry score, to discuss your study options. Find out about pathways, entry requirements and program options, plus what you can do if your score was higher or lower than expected.
*Excluding Sunday 17 December.
Sunday 11 August — Sunday 11 August
Open Day 2019
With 240 information sessions, activities and tours across our Gold Coast, Nathan and South Bank campuses, discover what’s possible at Griffith.