I am a
- High school student
- Mature student (18+)
- International student
You’re considered an international student if you are:
- intending to study on a student visa, or
- not an Australian citizen, or New Zealand citizen residing in Australia, or
- not a holder of an Australian permanent residency, or
- not a holder of an Australian humanitarian visa
- Parent or guardian
I'm interested in
My child is interested in
Where would you like to study?
Where would your child like to study?
Professional development and short courses
- We offer a range of professional development courses.
- Find out more
Start study from home in Trimester 2, 2020
For Trimester 2, 2020, you will be able to start your study from home. If restrictions are lifted we will continue to offer our students the flexibility to study online or a combination of online and on campus for the rest of the Trimester.
Gain greater training and development expertise
Are you interested in educating the leaders of the future? If you see yourself as a teacher or professional trainer in the adult and vocational education sectors, this program gets top marks. The Master of Training and Development will prepare you for professional roles in adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development. You'll develop your existing vocational knowledge and build your capacity for professional work in training, teaching, development and research-related roles. Equipped with the teaching specialisation of this degree, you'll be well prepared to pursue careers in mainstream adult and vocational education fields.
Study adult and vocational education at Griffith
Preparing the next generation of skilled trainers
For many people today, learning doesn’t stop once they finish school. With the master of training and development under your belt, you’ll be equipped with the skills for adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development and continuing education and training. The program covers:
- Curriculum development and evaluation in adult and vocational education and training
- Instructional design strategies for diverse groups of learners and settings in workplace and community contexts
- The contribution of workplace learning to the knowledge required by individuals and organisations to develop human resources
- Application of psychological development and learning theories to expertise development in adolescent and adult learning
- Developing your research skills, problem-solving and analytical abilities
Studying at Griffith, you’ll benefit from research-based teaching and dedicated support from committed, experienced lecturers with real industry and education experience. Other key features of the program include:
- Work-based assessment that benefits you and your organisation
- Comprehensive online resources and ongoing interaction with staff gives you multiple ways to learn
- Exclusive access to international journals and databases so you stay ahead in the knowledge race
- Assistance with study skills and assignment writing – we understand the challenges of university study and work with you to make a successful transition
- Optional on-campus workshops (international students must meet attendance requirements)
Griffith education graduate
As a learning diversity teacher working with students from Years 8 to 10, education graduate Todd Winton's role involves teaching small group classes and tailoring learning experiences to suit students' individual educational needs. 'My Griffith degree gave me the confidence and experience with a vast range of teaching practices,' he says. 'It also helped me develop a range of appropriate practices to improve student outcomes.'
|Graduate Certificate in Professional Learning||Mount Gravatt
|Master of Education||Mount Gravatt
It is important to check the degree requirements including placement requirements, before you apply.
Skilled teachers are crucial in vocational studies
As a Griffith graduate, you're ready to share your expertise and passion with enthusiastic students
You're fully prepared for professional roles in adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development. With this master's degree, you'll find employment opportunities in a number of areas, including:
- vocational education and training
- adult and community education
- workplace learning
- community education
- health education
- religious education
- environmental education
- citizenship education
- public service
- private practice.
11 Jun 2020
Lucrative new scholarships on offer for Year 12s
07 Apr 2020
Ensuring student success in online studies
Monday 13 July — Saturday 17 October
Trimester 2: Teaching and exams
Includes study and exam period from Thursday 1 October to Saturday 10 October.
Saturday 18 July — Sunday 19 July
Tertiary Studies Expo (TSXPO) - CANCELLED
TSXPO is for anyone considering further study. Talk to our academic and professional staff about our degrees, flexible study options, admission pathways, how to apply, scholarships and support services. Entry is free.
Tuesday 21 July
Sunshine Coast Daily Careers Expo - CANCELLED
Visit the Griffith University stand at the Sunshine Coast Daily Careers Expo to talk to our expert advisers about your study goals, life at Griffith, online study options and more.
Monday 3 August
Townsville Careers Expo
Visit the Griffith University stand at the Townsville Careers Expo to talk to our expert advisers about your study goals, life at Griffith, online study options and more.
Sunday 9 August
On Open Day, you’ll find general information about all our degrees at each campus, as well as essential information about student support services, admissions, scholarships and postgraduate studies. It’s a great time to get to know our campuses, experience life at Griffith, explore your study options and find the information you need to make a decision about your future.
Monday 14 September — Thursday 17 September
Mature Student Open Evenings
No matter whether you’re returning to university after a few years off, starting study for the first time or looking for a postgraduate degree to further your career, we can help you find the right study path.
Monday 19 October — Friday 23 October
Trimester 3: Orientation
Get the right start and find out everything you need to know about starting at Griffith.