I'm interested in
My child is interested in
Where would you like to study?
Where would your child like to study?
Professional development and short courses
- We offer a range of professional development courses.
- Find out more
Gain greater training and development expertise
Are you interested in educating the leaders of the future? If you see yourself as a teacher or professional trainer in the adult and vocational education sectors, this program gets top marks. The Master of Training and Development will prepare you for professional roles in adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development. You'll develop your existing vocational knowledge and build your capacity for professional work in training, teaching, development and research-related roles. Equipped with the teaching specialisation of this degree, you'll be well prepared to pursue careers in mainstream adult and vocational education fields.
Study adult and vocational education at Griffith
Preparing the next generation of skilled trainers
For many people today, learning doesn’t stop once they finish school. With the master of training and development under your belt, you’ll be equipped with the skills for adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development and continuing education and training. The program covers:
- Curriculum development and evaluation in adult and vocational education and training
- Instructional design strategies for diverse groups of learners and settings in workplace and community contexts
- The contribution of workplace learning to the knowledge required by individuals and organisations to develop human resources
- Application of psychological development and learning theories to expertise development in adolescent and adult learning
- Developing your research skills, problem-solving and analytical abilities
Studying at Griffith, you’ll benefit from research-based teaching and dedicated support from committed, experienced lecturers with real industry and education experience. Other key features of the program include:
- Work-based assessment that benefits you and your organisation
- Comprehensive online resources and ongoing interaction with staff gives you multiple ways to learn
- Exclusive access to international journals and databases so you stay ahead in the knowledge race
- Assistance with study skills and assignment writing – we understand the challenges of university study and work with you to make a successful transition
- Optional on-campus workshops (international students must meet attendance requirements)
Griffith education graduate
As a learning diversity teacher working with students from Years 8 to 10, education graduate Todd Winton's role involves teaching small group classes and tailoring learning experiences to suit students' individual educational needs. 'My Griffith degree gave me the confidence and experience with a vast range of teaching practices,' he says. 'It also helped me develop a range of appropriate practices to improve student outcomes.'
|Graduate Certificate in Professional Learning||Mount Gravatt
|Master of Education||Mount Gravatt
It is important to check the degree requirements including placement requirements, before you apply.
Skilled teachers are crucial in vocational studies
As a Griffith graduate, you're ready to share your expertise and passion with enthusiastic students
You're fully prepared for professional roles in adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development. With this master's degree, you'll find employment opportunities in a number of areas, including:
- vocational education and training
- adult and community education
- workplace learning
- community education
- health education
- religious education
- environmental education
- citizenship education
- public service
- private practice.
25 Sep 2019
Griffith research nationally recognised
19 Sep 2019
UNESCO invites Griffith Education Professor to deliver education research workshops
Monday 21 October — Friday 25 October
Trimester 3: Orientation
Get the right start and find out everything you need to know about starting at Griffith.
Tuesday 29 October — Thursday 31 October
Application Support Nights
Need help with your university application? Receive personalised advice and assistance from one of our expert study advisers to start and/or complete your university application.
Monday 16 December — Thursday 19 December
Explore your options
If your OP or ATAR result changes your direction, chat online with our expert study advisers to explore your study options. Find out about admissions pathways, entry requirements and changing your preferences.