I'm interested in
My child is interested in
Where would you like to study?
Where would your child like to study?
Professional development and short courses
- We offer a range of professional development courses.
- Find out more
Use this icon to personalise the page to your pathway, preferred campus and study level.
This page has been personalised for you. Select the icon to turn this off.
Personalisation is not available through private browsing.
Gain greater training and development expertise
Are you interested in educating the leaders of the future? If you see yourself as a teacher or professional trainer in the adult and vocational education sectors, this program gets top marks. The Master of Training and Development will prepare you for professional roles in adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development. You'll develop your existing vocational knowledge and build your capacity for professional work in training, teaching, development and research-related roles. Equipped with the teaching specialisation of this degree, you'll be well prepared to pursue careers in mainstream adult and vocational education fields.
Study adult and vocational education at Griffith
Preparing the next generation of skilled trainers
For many people today, learning doesn’t stop once they finish school. With the master of training and development under your belt, you’ll be equipped with the skills for adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development and continuing education and training. The program covers:
- Curriculum development and evaluation in adult and vocational education and training
- Instructional design strategies for diverse groups of learners and settings in workplace and community contexts
- The contribution of workplace learning to the knowledge required by individuals and organisations to develop human resources
- Application of psychological development and learning theories to expertise development in adolescent and adult learning
- Developing your research skills, problem-solving and analytical abilities
Studying at Griffith, you’ll benefit from research-based teaching and dedicated support from committed, experienced lecturers with real industry and education experience. Other key features of the program include:
- Work-based assessment that benefits you and your organisation
- Comprehensive online resources and ongoing interaction with staff gives you multiple ways to learn
- Exclusive access to international journals and databases so you stay ahead in the knowledge race
- Assistance with study skills and assignment writing – we understand the challenges of university study and work with you to make a successful transition
- Optional on-campus workshops (international students must meet attendance requirements)
Griffith education graduate
As a learning diversity teacher working with students from Years 8 to 10, education graduate Todd Winton's role involves teaching small group classes and tailoring learning experiences to suit students' individual educational needs. 'My Griffith degree gave me the confidence and experience with a vast range of teaching practices,' he says. 'It also helped me develop a range of appropriate practices to improve student outcomes.'
|Graduate Certificate in Higher Education||Online
|Graduate Certificate in Training and Development||Online
|Master of Educational Studies||Mount Gravatt
|Master of Training and Development||Online
|Master of Training and Development||Offshore
It is important to check the degree requirements including placement requirements, before you apply.
Skilled teachers are crucial in vocational studies
As a Griffith graduate, you're ready to share your expertise and passion with enthusiastic students
You're fully prepared for professional roles in adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development. With this master's degree, you'll find employment opportunities in a number of areas, including:
- vocational education and training
- adult and community education
- workplace learning
- community education
- health education
- religious education
- environmental education
- citizenship education
- public service
- private practice.
October 18, 2018
Integrity 20 shines spotlight on issues facing young Australians
Monday 5 February — Friday 21 December
Ongoing Q&A sessions
Book a 30 minute, personalised appointment with a member of our student recruitment team, to help find the right degree for you and get personalised advice about your study options. You can also find out about scholarships and discover admission pathways to university. Find out more
Saturday 15 December — Thursday 20 December
Explore Your Options - Online
Chat online with our expert study advisers after you have received your entry score, to discuss your study options. Find out about admission pathways, entry requirements and program options, plus what you can do if your OP or ATAR score was higher or lower than expected.
*Excluding Sunday 16 December Find out more