I am a
- High school student
- Mature student (18+)
- International student
You’re considered an international student if you are:
- intending to study on a student visa, or
- not an Australian citizen, or New Zealand citizen residing in Australia, or
- not a holder of an Australian permanent residency, or
- not a holder of an Australian humanitarian visa
- Parent or guardian
I'm interested in
My child is interested in
Where would you like to study?
Where would your child like to study?
Professional development and short courses
- We offer a range of professional development courses.
- Find out more
Gain greater training and development expertise
Are you interested in educating the leaders of the future? Our programs will prepare you for professional roles in adult and professional learning. You'll develop your existing vocational knowledge and build your capacity for professional work in training, teaching, development and research-related roles. Equipped with the teaching specialisation of this degree, you'll be well prepared to pursue careers in mainstream adult and vocational education fields.
Experience Days for Year 11 and 12 students
Get a feel for life as a Griffith University student. Explore the campus, tour lecture theatres and labs, and get hands-on with interactive study area sessions.
Study adult and vocational education at Griffith
Inspiring the next generation of adult learners
For many people today, learning doesn’t stop once they finish school. With one of our degrees under your belt, you’ll be equipped with the skills for adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development and continuing education and training. The programs cover topics such as:
- Curriculum development and evaluation in adult and vocational education and training
- Instructional design strategies for diverse groups of learners and settings in workplace and community contexts
- The contribution of workplace learning to the knowledge required by individuals and organisations to develop human resources
- Application of psychological development and learning theories to expertise development in adolescent and adult learning
- Developing your research skills, problem-solving and analytical abilities
Learn from experts
Studying at Griffith, you’ll benefit from research-based teaching and dedicated support from committed, experienced lecturers with real industry and education experience. Other key features of the program include:
- Work-based assessment that benefits you and your organisation
- Comprehensive online resources and ongoing interaction with staff gives you multiple ways to learn
- Exclusive access to international journals and databases so you stay ahead in the knowledge race
- Assistance with study skills and assignment writing – we understand the challenges of university study and work with you to make a successful transition
- Optional on-campus workshops (international students must meet attendance requirements)
Lee Wee Chee
Director, Learning and Professional Development, Institute for Adult Learning
Since studying with us in 2012, Mr Lee Wee Chee has progressed from Principal Learning Designer to Director, Learning and Professional Development at the Institute for Adult Learning, Singapore. Lee attributes much of his professional development to learning through our program. ‘I have been an educator all my life,’ he said. ‘When I started out as an adult educator, I realised my understanding of adult learning was not deep enough. This limited the ways I could help facilitate learning. When I realised Griffith offered the opportunity to study the different facets of adult learning, I jumped at the opportunity.’
Skilled teachers are crucial in vocational studies
With one of our masters degrees, you're ready to share your expertise and passion with enthusiastic students and you'll be able to build your professional career in a number of areas including:
- vocational education and training
- adult and community education
- workplace learning
- community education
- health education
- religious education
- environmental education
- citizenship education
- public service
- private practice.
Our Master of Educational Studies provides advanced, professionally oriented studies for practising teachers, administrators, non-government education providers, and vocational, adult and continuing education professionals.
Our Master of Training and Development prepares you for professional roles in adult, vocational and community education, training and professional development.
Our Graduate Certificate in Higher Education provides staff in the university sector with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to teach in a range of learning environments and to facilitate student learning experiences and outcomes.
20 Sep 2021
Equality of opportunity bursaries support Griffith students
16 Sep 2021
Scholarship encourages professionals to turn to teaching
Monday 5 July — Friday 31 December
Book a one-on-one Q&A with our study advisers
Wednesday 1 September — Thursday 30 September
Online Chat for High School Students
Friday 10 September
21st Century Enterprise Skills Teacher Professional Development Day - Logan Campus
Wednesday 15 September
Mature Student Open Evening - Nathan Campus
Thursday 16 September
Mature Student Open Evening - Gold Coast Campus
Tuesday 21 September — Thursday 30 September
Experience Days for Year 11 and 12 students
Keep me up to date
Form submitted successfully! We will keep you up to date with what’s happening at Griffith.